ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

Did the USB ever work for you? Or did it come broken?

No it did work but after a reboot is was dead.

And you didn’t use a build prior to this one?

yes i did do that

Ok then that’s the same issue. Where did you buy it?

Did you use WOL feature at any time?

Sorry i’m a new member with limited replys. I bought it in Holland official distributor of hardkernel https://www.antratek.nl/.

no i did not use wol.

@muchd try to replace your N2+ at the distributor. You are a EU citizen so you have customer rights.
Good luck. It is broken for good so no chance to repair it.

thanks for the advice i will give it a try.

Has it been established what the cause of the issue is because if I am a vendor and I see that a software change caused a physical failure then you bet your life that I am going to reject RMA’s unless a factory based issue that directly contributed towards failure can be identified.

I don’t know the reasons but Hardkernel was informed about it. It works on N2 and other devices. But it is reproducible. Basically it is just a GPIO toggled on poweroff and suspend. I will not speculate why this happens. Only CoreELEC has this feature so others are not affected.

Odroid.co.uk distributor that sells their own CE bundle was informed to reflash a correct Image (they wrongfully flashed 9.2.3). They were also asked to inform their customers.

Imo this is still a warranty matter because it breaks unexpectedly.

Totally unrelated (in theory) to the USB issues, but should the xbox one controller and receiver work on this? I get nothing when I try to pair the controller with the receiver.

Is that BT or what?

Thank god I read this thread or I would have borked my new N2+. I was gonna take the emmc out of my N2 and put it into the N2+. Not good since I was running a nightly build from December of last year. I think it was worth the $90 for the N2+, I’ve noticed that Coreelec runs quite a bit faster than on the N2.

1 Like

It’s the first version, the one supplied with the Oculus Rift so I think it’s the RF receiver. It’s version 1697 which is NOT BT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_One_controller#Models

Well either it is BT then it needs “pairing” or it is RF and works mostly as a keyboard so it doesn’t need any pairing.

You have to pair the controller with the receiver, it’s a USB device with a small button on it.

It used to work but now doesn’t so not sure why.

But your usb is working right?

Yep, I have a USB memory stick attached, a usb IR remote receiver and the xbox one receiver attached and all are working. The memory stick is storing regular backups, the remote works fine and I can see the xbox receiver listed if I run dmesg.