Overclocking Odroid N2 on June 1, 2019 nightly

I ran a few combinations of overclock settings in the June 1, 2019 nightly build, here is what I found

These settings work:
max_freq_a73=‘1908’
max_freq_a73=‘2004’
max_freq_a53=‘1896’

This setting does not work:
max_freq_a53=‘1992’
In this case the two a53 cores default to 1200

See the nightly thread:

Kernel crashes with OC.

The question is, what are the gains ?
Framerate the osd in particular …

CPU overclock does not effect the GPU or VPU so there would be no gains in that area.

It helps with software decoding video/streams when CPU does the main work.

This setting worked on older nightlies with old kernel.

I can’t ignore the word “knightly” anymore. The correct word is “nightly”! Sorry for correcting you. But maybe this will help you one day :wink:

Knight: https://www.google.com/search?q=Knight&client=firefox-b-m&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjS7tmf38riAhXEUlAKHX2UDVQQ_AUIBigB&biw=360&bih=512
Night: https://www.google.com/search?q=night+&client=firefox-b-m&biw=360&bih=512&tbm=isch&oq=night+&gs_l=mobile-heirloom-serp.3..0l5.49400.52188.0.52578.13.10.0.3.3.0.141.970.5j5.10.0....0...1c..34.mobile-heirloom-serp..0.13.1034.CWnfQUZH6cg

Thx for correcting me, will not do this mistake again.
Is “nightlies” correct ? Not my language so just to be sure :wink:

1 Like

I like knightly :sweat_smile:

Agree, makes them more potent :slight_smile:

Haha, knightly builds from a knightly team :smiley:

“Knightly” sounds better :+1:
I’m waiting for “CoreELEC knightly build - King Arthur Edition” :crossed_swords:

4 Likes

I like nighties

1 Like

To wear or for your wife to wear? Or are you someone’s wife and Ray is short for Raylene?

btw I am in the “Knightly” camp

I like when Adam wears them.

1 Like

Yes,
And at the level of navigation in the OSD, is it more fluid? Does the average framerate increase?

CPU doesn’t improve GPU stuff

@anon88919003 replied to you 10 hours ago to the same question - that it does not improve - “no gain in that area” are his words, so WHY do you ask that again and again?
Navigating in OSD is job for GPU NOT for CPU!

Oups ! Indeed, I missed the answer. On the other hand, I saw a lot of lines about a debate on “Knight” VS “night”. ^^

I thought we were talking about CPU and GPU overclocking.
Why not experiment with GPU overclocking ?

Hardkernel does not allow it.

1 Like