Problem with SSH connection

Hello,
I have a clean installation of CoreELEC 9.2.3 on a Meccol KM8. I have tried SSH (Putty / FileZilla) connections several times and always get an error (user authentication failure). Now I have a clean installation without any changes to the settings. I follow this procedure: https://kodi.wiki/view/SFTP#Windows_SSH_using_PuTTY

thank you for any advice

Be sure to use the proper ip/username/password to connect

Have the same box and no problem connecting with Putty v. 0.74 and WinSCP v.5.17 from Windows PC…

Did you enable ssh?

I apologize for the late response. I’m still solving an SSH connection issue. If I try to connect using SSH, I get this error from FileZilla:

|Error:|Authentication failed.|
|—|---|
|Error:|Critical error: Could not connect to server|

SSH is turned on and I have a password set, of course. Internet connection is realized by cable straight to the router (Asus RT-N18U). Disabling the firewall in the router and antivirus program has no effect.

I found out on the Internet that it may be an incompatibility with the CF card or a bad creation of the SSH folder, see e.g.: https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/ssh-cannot-be-enabled-after-installation/8734

Can anyone advise me how to check the running of ssh in CoreELEC?

Thank you

HW: Mecool KM8

I assume you are trying to connect to CoreElec from your PC with FileZilla. Can you connect your PC via any terminal? Try with Putty terminal to SSH to your box to check username/password.
Btw, which username/password are you using, default or your own?

I tried PuTTY and KiTTY with the same result. I have set my own passwords.
BTW Yes, I trying connect to CoreELEC from my computer (connect to the network using cable) a notebook (connect to the network using WiFi).

Copy here the output from putty.

This could be your problem, try with default password “coreelec”.

I tried default setting (name & pass) and the same result

putty

No wander, as you are doing it with wrong credentials. Try with:
Login as: root
Password: coreelec

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I tried connect as root and everything looks ok. I apologize for your time and one more time thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.