Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Could one of of you copy your Android /dev/dtb file so I can compare with my h/w? I feel it is a timing issue for rgmii since occassionally I do have the Ethernet lights stay on and the IP shows as 169. class.

I extracted this earlier from the firmware of HK1 RBOX X4 since my box hasn’t delivered yet.

1 Like

I tried eariler and got a black screen but the freaktab firmware is newer than the one on my box, from December I have the RQ3A.210805.001.AT.eng.user.20211221.232716release-keys<211221_2324>

I did compile that file which is in the CoreElec build system for linux and it doesn’t work either.

Tell me how to get the dev/dtb file from Android. I think years ago, there was an app that extracted all of that data, but I forgot.

Thank you, Retro. I won’t tell your mother now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The easiest way on the HK1 is probably Extracting .dtb file from a running Android OS - #2 by Sholander

The dtb file from that location has “0” bites. HUMMMMM…

I have the same firmware.

Extracting a Device Tree

1 Like

Our device is running Android 11. Does these instructions still work?? It says Android 9 and lower…

Here is the device tree using the method that Betatester showed…
dtb.img.gz (19.2 KB)

dtb.img (256 KB)

Dtb from transpeed s905x4 4g 64g, Factory Android from emmc
I hope help it
dtb.img.gz (19.1 KB)

Thanks. It generates the same sc2_s905x4_ah212.dts source so I think the devices must be similar.

You could have copied the 0 byte file once you get SU access things would have changed.

Martin

@Titomane yours is different it is an sc2_s905x4_ah224 just as shown on freaktab

1 Like

Will load coreelec If I put extracted DTB at sdcard root renamed as dtb.img?

Unlikely, that is for Android running a different kernel.

1 Like

Android kernel is same as your tvbox 5.4.125 if can help.
My Tvos build (fw) not
RQ3A.210805.001.A1.eng.user.202111227.232310
release-keys
I found specs at deviceinfohw
http://www.deviceinfohw.ru/devices/item.php?item=563181

That is the Android kernel. CE nightly is targeting a different kernel 4.9.269

If I flash the transpeed with the HK1 firmware on Freaktab will that change the kernel to 4.9 from 5.1?
If so is it worth doing or am I better to wait for the Nexus build with 5.1 kernal support ?

Updated with the OTA file a few weeks ago using the Updater App included in the HK1 RBOX X4, and just compared the dtb file with Clark’s it’s the same.