Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Thanks but I am already running that version from gbox23.

Can you test if this happens on Android as well?

Android works fine that is why I posted I use the workaround to boot from emmc and then shutdown the box. Then when I power on, a second long power one gives me a restart that starts CE.

I just download and updated the latest CE and it shutdowns properly and wifi is disbled too. But I never had this bug after updating to the latest android firmware.

Hopefully you can resolve the issue.

Do you have working internal ethernet? Mine doesn’t work with CE.

Been gone most of the day (great, grandfather now), but just tested on my HK1 running the latest Nexus alpha and no issues at all. WiFi is enabled.

Edit: still running Nexus, and disabled the WiFi, box still powered off and stayed off.

Fyi, the stock remote does turn the box back on, so no pulling the power plug.

Just updated to latest Matrix Nightly 09/16

Power off/on working properly
I have rtl 8211f
So yes ethernet 1gig working

Not sure if this is a factor in power down/off issue
I have disabled CeC adapter on my HK1

Happy Testing

Firstly, thanks to the Coreelec team for their excellent work, and to the contributors to the forum for their help and assistance.

I’ve used Kodi (windows, libreelec, coreelec) for many years and on various devices, trying to find that ‘holy grail’. Following clarkss12’s report, I’ve recently bought two HK1RBOX-X4 2G/16G 100M boxes for the lounge and TV room, and installed Coreelec, currently updated to 19.5-Matrix-Nightly-20220916.

Everything works perfectly except for a couple of strange issues with HD audio (DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD). I’ve set System/Audio to use HDMI Multi CH PCM 7.1, Best Match, and to passthrough all formats to my Pioneer AVR via HDMI, and thence to my TV.

Issue 1

My Pioneer AVR’s detection of DTS-MA and TrueHD from Kodi on this box is sporadic at best. It occasionally detects it immediately, but more often just says “Stereo” with no sound; but sometimes HD audio then kicks after around 20-60 seconds playing, or if I repeatedly stop and restart the video.

This may be an issue with this AVR, although it detects HD audio formats from my HDMI Bluray player instantly. On my other Integra (Onkyo) AVR, it detects the Kodi HD formats consistently, but takes up to 20 seconds to do so. Both AVRs detect DTS, AC3 and PCM almost instantly. If I disable passthrough for the HD formats, PCM Multichannel plays fine but much quieter than the HD audio.

Issue 2

This is very strange. After playing a DTS-MA video (whether I get sound or not), if I then play a music track (e.g. MP3), it plays at around 18x speed with no sound, i.e. a 3m19s track plays through in around 11 seconds according to the progress bar.

If I then play a DTS or AC3 video (which plays normally) and then play the music track, it plays back at around 1.2x speed, i.e. the 3:19 track plays in 2m50s and sounds a bit “chipmunky”.

If I then play a 2-channel video and then play the music track, it plays at normal speed.

I’ve pasted the log at http://paste.kodi.tv/agaxopozaz for the following sequence of activities:

1. Play rip of David Gilmour Live at Pompeii, ripped from bluray using MakeMKV and then recoded to H265 with DTS-MA audio copied, using XMediaRecode. The AVR detected DTS-MA immediately.

2. Stop, then play the same video again. The AVR did not detect DTS-MA and I got no sound

3. Play a mp3 music track. It played at around 18x speed, with no sound

4. Play rip of David Gilmour Remember That Night ripped from DVD using MakeMKV, recoded to H265 with AC3 audio track copied. Played fine.

5. Play a mp3 music track again. This time it played at around 1.2x speed, sounded chipmunky.

6. Play Jeff Lynne’s ELO - Wembly or Bust, ripped from my bluray disc using MakeMKV and recoded to H264 with PCM stereo audio. Played fine.

7. Play mp3 music track again. This time it played at the correct speed.

I’d really appreciate any help in resolving these issues, as everything else works so well with this box.

Thanks.

Yes, my box ethernet never had any issues.

Ok thanks, so the issue is likely just with the JL2101 boxes. When I include just the stmmac_mdio patch from LubanCatWrt/602-fix-kernel-stmmac-drivers-for-jl2101.patch at master · LubanCat/LubanCatWrt · GitHub and all is good.

Mine HK1 RBOX 4/64gb have the same issue with auto restart after shut down. Tried shut down on Android and it doesn’t auto turn on but on CE it will auto turn on around 5 secs after shut down. So I have to pull of the power plug when not using the box. Very irritating.

I’m running on the latest version of the firmware post by empevee. It solved the auto start on Android but not CE

Sorry for the bad English, I used Google Translate:

To avoid the hassle of pulling the plug, I suggest using a small extension cable with an on/off switch between the power socket and the tv box plug.

Just do nothing, my TV box runs 24/7
It´s better than switching on/off/on/off …

That’s some good out-of-the-box thinking on your end.

1 Like

My HK1 is not my prime player, and the monitor I use with it needs the HDMI off to go to low power mode. I also run servers on this and don’t like pulling the power if I can avoid it.

You must apply patch every time there is new nightly?

If you have not done already

Uncheck auto update
Uncheck submit ststs
Uncheck notifications

Create system/kodi backup

Strange /weird this ethernet chip jl2101 can effect
Shutdown…

Happy Testing

This is a great option.

Found a extension cord with wireless on/off solution which works wonders here. No need to get up ;). (and yes, most others i just leave on 24/7 with the little power they need)

2 Likes

Do you mind to post a link?

Not at home atm, and it was some time ago. I’ll have a look when I can, but it shouldn’t be hard to find. Think it was based on standard ir …