Rii i25 + Minix Neo U1

Hi All

Maybe someone can help here.

I have a minix Neo U1 with Coreelec working flawelessly.

I recently bought a new Rii i25 remote to use with my Minix. I got the IR working perfectly and mapped keys to turn off/on my Minix/TV and sound bar. And it works really well with RF as well.

The problem comes when I restart/Power on my device, I think The Rii i25 does not pick up the usb receiver, so Whenever my Minix comes on I have to physically remove and plug the usb dongle back in for the RF part of the remote to work.

my old remote is one of those bulky i8 remote controllers as well (vokano controller series smart TV ) That uses the same looking usb dongle, however the i8 remote control works when the minix is powered on.

I am out of ideas.

Just a side note, the Minix requires a 5v 3A power supply, im currently running it on a 5V, 2A power supply, its working fine with the old usb controller, but not sure if it really can make a difference with the new one. ( They are not plugged in at the same time )

I would really like to get this Rii i25 working properly, then I can one remote for everything.

Kind Regards
Brian

Program the power button of the original remote into the i25:

Hi

The power button is working as it should, turns it on. My problem is when the box turns on, afterwards nothing from the RF side works ( like I cant navigate with the normal keys on the remote ) I have to physically plug the usb receiver out and back in for the controller to work again. The IR part of the remote works all the time.

Kind Regards
Brian

OK, that’s different. I must have misread your original post. Can’t say I have encountered that before.

So the IR part works but for the Bluetooth part to work you need to remove and reinsert the dongle, correct?

I don’t have a Rii but my MX3 Airmouse uses the same concept. Let me try if I can replicate. What version of CE are you using?

Hi

Yes that is correct.

Using CE 9.2.5

Kind Regards
Brian

Update:

Tried reinstalling coreelec on the machine. Still no luck, Have to plug the usb dongle out and back in everytime I start up the minix for the Rii i25 to work.

Kind Regards
Brian

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.