[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

Hi. I have x96 air P3 with the latest version of coreelec. I have installed the vfd file, along with the openvfd addon and the display does not work for me. The vfd file that I used is x96 max. Anyone have any problems with the display last nightly? Does it work for someone with the p3 version of x96? What vfd file have you used?

Did you try the one from the OP?

My P2 worked with this one, with minor tweaks on the OpenVFD addon settings…

Yes. That file is the one I used (it is x96 max s905x2). In openvfd there are several options that are selected by default. Do you still have to deactivate it and leave only the clock option to work?

Do you have download the file in raw mode?
The only thing i change on addon it’s enable temp. All the rest as default

I have taken the file from people who have used it successfully on their x96 air. I can try to download it in raw mode, but I don’t know how to do it. Can you tell me how I can do it?

Love this little box. I did all the OP settings and it works great. It was running hot 50 idle and would get up to 70 running netflix HD with dolby+. So i purchased a rasberry pi heatsink and 30mm fan kit on amazon. Drilled about 7/8" hole over the CPU, installed the heatsinks on the ram and cpu. Drilled 1/8 inch holes on the top in multiple spots for air exit. Used little wire connectors as “feet” to elevate for the fan for air intake. Now it idles at 30-35 and never gets above 50 during playback.

Are there any netflix quality tweaks i should do? I noticed in the witcher during the beginning it appeared to speed up during the action sequence. Almost like it lost a frame or two. I havent tried the lan buffer setting yet, ill try that tonight.

Thanks for the guide it worked great!

Just go to this link and use save as…

Thank you very much!! Now its working.

Can you post pictures of your “tuning”?

Does it turn off when you hit power? I used the external USB ports for power and they never shut off

The only thing is it stays on when I hit power on the box. Does anyone know how to kill USB ports when I hit power? For the fan I just cut off an old mouse USB connector and connected it to the fan wires matching red and black.

2 Likes

Bootloader (vendor) issue…
That’s why I’m powering the box via USB cable from TV set - shutdown the TV, it shuts down the power to the box as well. :wink:

Could we all agree to merge topics x96air-s905x3-p3-android-9 and s905x3-x96air-p2-p3-4-32gb-1gbit-lan-how-to-config

or close one of them? I dont think that software-wise P2 / P3 differs anyhow, basically all stuff I read was valid for both. For me they differs more in terms 2/16 or 4/32 etc.

Couldnt we keep just one Air X96 thread, considering for all versions there is ng-kernel?

As owner of multiple X96 4/32 (different board revisions, as I found), its inconvinient watch both thread simultanously :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I noticed that the other topic changed the name to just X96Air P3.
I think it is enough to distinguish the two topics since this is a guide on how to set up and the other for general conversation.
In addition, there are differences in hardware problems between version P2 and P3.
Initially, I created this topic to help configure the P2 version, but later reports began to appear that the configuration also gave in the P3 version despite hardware differences such as the WiFi card, bluetooh, etc.

I, for one, disagree.

I see no need, except to make it convenient for you, to merge them.
The hardware is different - although seems the same for most when buying!

It would be more helpful if you could persuade the manufacturers to name their different hardware products with specific and easily identifiable names.

Can you share the Amazon links?
Thanks

Very recently, ‘someone’ trimmed the title of the other thread, but it has always specified P3 only.

This topic was originally named P2 and you later changed it, to P2/P3 after the P3 topic was created.

I am glad we agree that the topics should not be merged.

I want to assign the + / - vol buttons of my remote to syncronize forward/backward the subtitles
Is that possible?
Thanks

Please read all i wrote…

Thanks to @Rootz for opening this topic, after reading it I have had no doubt in buying X96 Air P2 with 4/64GB to explore the possibilities of Amlogic-ng and Docker services because they are large consumers of space. In short, NGC (Nice, Good and Cheap) and I have no problem with it, except the disappointment of not being able to install CoreELEC on the emmc.

1 Like