[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

That’s not true.
In my case,
CE is installed on eMMc, and even co-exists with Android.

Ceemmc -x will successfully install to emmc on these boxes.

Shoog

1 Like

Unfortunately it is near impossible to ensure you get a P2 and not a P3 when you purchase.
As things progress in development there will be little difference anyway, as both hardware variations will probably be fully supported.

[quote=“Rootz, post:188, topic:8670, full:true”]

What you want to add?there some limits.
did you install OpenVFD addon?

Thanks, i did not i guess. So i will check if i can find this addon.
I want to see the indicators like WLAN, LAN, etc.

Update: So indeed after installing the addon i had nothing to configure because the indicators appeared immediately.
Also the new nightly build that was installed had a fix for the sound problem (HDMI) and now i can really use the X96 Air TV box with coreelec :slight_smile:
Just the analog audio output is not working yet.

I assume that, if I do it, all my kodi data will be formatted , right?

There’s no data loss.

Fantastic! Thank you for your suggestion, I have installed CoreELEC in the internal memory and I have taken the opportunity to remove the terrible android integrated from the factory.

SSH command used: ceemmc -x (option 3) (if you have installation errors then reflash the original android firmware and try this again)

x96air:~ # df
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
devtmpfs               1958732         4   1958728   0% /dev
/dev/CE_FLASH           523248    209692    313556  40% /flash
/dev/loop0              189440    189440         0 100% /
/dev/CE_STORAGE       59232396    207256  59008756   0% /storage
tmpfs                  1963264         0   1963264   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs                  1963264      7880   1955384   0% /run
tmpfs                  1963264         0   1963264   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs                  1963264        16   1963248   0% /var
tmpfs                  1963264         4   1963260   0% /tmp

If you are using meson-ir config, install Keymap Editor addon.
Inside the addon Full screen video > playback > subtitle offset and chose the key for subtitle offset +/-
IDK if is possible to do it with amremote config

how did you choose what should be booted?

• From CE to Android: the script “Reboot to Android”, mapped to a GUI menu entry
  • From Android to CE: just normal reboot

Thanks, thats neat (although I didnt really using Android). I will add this to my Confluence skin. Just in case :slight_smile:

Yep, me neither.
But I like to have (some sort of) redundancy. And, just in case, broaden the “portfolio” of services, provided from the box. Android gaming, for example.

Can anyone confirm that these boxes power down their USB ports when switched off ?

Shoog

Mine does NOT.

I have a small usb fan connected and yes it power it down after shutdown, but no immediately It takes about 40 seconds after shutdown.

Is WoL still working for you guys? It broke for me a while back but I’m not sure exactly when as I don’t use it much.

yep i think you right!
Just test now and my PC dont wake up
Still on 20200206

1 Like

Thanks, thats useful to know.

Shoog

Today i measured the performance of CE with X96 Air. Does somebody experience the same ?
It takes 12 seconds after power on for the splash screen to appear and 70 seconds before the clock displays and a few more seconds before the skin starts.

Why is the boot process so slow ?

This is not normal. Perhaps your heatsink is not firmly attached and the cpu is being heavily throttled.