[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

The buttons on the right, are for learning from another remote, ie the tv volume buttons

this is an example, although not the exact same remote

1 Like

Unfortunately not.
I had to program these buttons from my original remote controller.

Cheers!

Just wanted to say thanks for the guide. IR wake up works fine and so does the VFD on my P3 4gb/32gb

1 Like

Thanks for the guide the box packs a decent punch for price(even better when I got it for free) arrived this morning all set up with everything working and installed to internal. running slightly warm at 66c running 4K for 5hours But I can live with that.

IS there a getaround if the reset button on the back only takes you to the Android Recovery menu? Ther also isnt an APK installer with the box in the apps so cant install Terminal Emulator

Any terminal emulator app can be installed directly from Play Store

Is this CPU-Kodi normal when I´m just browsing the library??

Yes, this is absolutely normal. The Kodi GUI is very demanding while browsing the library.

Hi everyone !
Do you know how to get any indicator light when X96Air is on ?

Yes it did not work, however for the P3 version there have been two android updates, this first one fixed the issue (I assume uboot) . Need to use cocktail stick to get CE to boot again. All good

1 Like

I bought the X3 4G/32GB version from amazon for $50 US. Installed CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.4.2-Generic.img on a quality SDHC card, copied dtb from the 1st post to dtb.img. Installed card in the box. Booted android, installed the terminal app. Typed “reboot update”, box rebooted to Coreelec on the SDHC card. Copied the remote file like in the 1st post. Wired Gig network keeps up with my highest bandwidth file. This box just works perfectly. The remote works great from many angles besides ‘right in front of the box’ like many cheaper alternatives. IMHO there’s no reason to buy any other Android box, not worth all the fuss to save a few dollars on a cheaper box & have it not work like its supposed to.

Just my opinion.

4 Likes

Hi guys, i have problem with wifi connection. I have CE 9.2.4.2 stable version. If I write a password for connection after few second my box restart himself and not connect. I tried normal wifi 2,4/5; mobile hotspot nothing worked. LAN works normaly. Any idea or help? Thx guys.

Care to elaborate on what exactly is that?
I have rebooted my X96 Air P2 in Android and now there’s no going back to CE on eMMc…

You need to use a cocktail stick/paperclip to push the reset button in to get it to boot CE.

You need to do this after an android firmware update

There was no “android firmware update”…

I got my x96 air 4/32 p3 today and this is an amazing device. Paid just 35€ incl. shipping and it is worth every cent.

Didn‘t even bother booting android, went straight into CE and copied it to internal. There is a significant performance boost compared to my old s905x device and finally native gigabit network.

I had one moment of terror though when I wanted to configure passthrough and no hd audio pt was available… which would have been a disaster for me. But luckily it was just the pt audio being spdif by default, hd audio pt appeared when I changed to hdmi.

Build quality seems is surprisingly good and temps are also pretty good. 65C after playing video for 3h straight, also quite an improvement compared to my old Mecool… which wasn‘t that cool :wink:

I was about to post a 99% similar experience :grinning:. Bought a x96 air 4/32 p3 this week for €38. Ordered in on Tuesday from a German warehouse, was delivered in the Netherlands same week Thursday!

Also coming from a s905x box, I have the same satisfaction with the performance boost and had the exact same moment of sadness when I thought passthrough was not going to work :upside_down_face:

CoreELEC runs really smooth after installing it to internal. When first using a class 4 SD card the performance wasn’t so smooth.

I think we ordered from the same seller/warehouse (I am from Germany)… ordered on wednesday, arrived friday.

Hi everyone.
I want to assign two of the buttons of my remote to change subtitles/audio. Is that possible? What’s the code?
Thanks

You need to install the keymap editor add-on.

Shoog