[S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

Dolby Atmos is built as a layer on top of Dolby TrueHD, it seems that the X96Air isn’t passing through the Atmos Layer.
Have you got all passthrough options enabled in the media player setting ?

Shoog

After some google i have solved this issue!
Problem here relate to my AVR configure not X96Air!
Need to add 2 front height speakers in speaker configure option in AVR and everything work like a charm! AVR now let me choose Dolby TrueHD or Atmos when playing Movie.
Thank you all

I’m still “stuck” at Leia version.

Will we gain important advantages like hardware performance or other to migrate to CoreELEC Matrix?
If yes, what?

1 Like

Havent noticed any advantages of Matrix over Leia, but others may differ.

Shoog

1 Like

Yeah I’m still on Leia too. I see no reason to update, yet.

1 Like

The general consensus in the Kodi community is similarly luke-warm as most addons have not yet migrated to Matrix and probably will not do so until absolutely necessary. This is very slow for a new release which has been out for at least 6 months.
I personally have lost at least 4 very useful addons as a consequence of moving my bedroom install to Matrix for testing purposes.

Shoog

+1, and I think that I’ll stay on Leia for some time; have no more free time to experiment…

2 Likes

HW - not. SW - at some point in future yes (when devs stops support py 2.7 addons).

Fun fact, I completelly skipped Krypton with 16.1 with nothing less than 100% benefits. With python change this could not be the case for good old 18, but having plenty of C2 not supported by 19 I just crossfingers for addon devs patience.

I don’t think there are new firmware’s or rom’s for this box.
I use my X96 with CE installed on NAND. I don’t care about android.

Since I installed this firmware in the X96 Air, the HDMI CEE Control mysteriously stopped working, everything else works fine and if I install CE in the internal memory everything works fine but the HDMI CEE control doesn’t work. This all reviewed and in other devices if the HDMI control works, that’s why my interest in changing the Rom because before if the HDMI CEE control worked.

Do you already flash original firmware instead other ROM of another box?
It’s posted on first topic.
As I tell in last reply i totally migrate my X96 to CE but i reminder and use android and CE everything works ok.

Hey, care to share the seller/article? thanks!

Guys, do you think it makes sense to get the 4GB version instead of the 2GB for CoreELEC? I would use a USB 3.0 and WIFI. Thanks!

No, not necessary.

1 Like

Where can I get a stable ROM for this box? I don’t use the LAN because Wifi 5.0 works very good (around 150mbit!) I have tested the LAN out of curiosity but only got 95mbit :frowning: Doesn’t bother me at all.
I am a newbie though. Besides the ROM, can you point me to a step by step guide? I have rooted a few cell phones and 2 x older boxes before but I am stil a bit afraid of the steps involved…

The only safe way to burn a ROM is to use the AMLogic burn tool on a Windows PC, this should test whether the ROM you are trying to burn is compatible and only allow officially signed ROM’s.

Using any other method runs the high risk of bricking your box because they will not test the suitability of the ROM.

Shoog

1 Like

Thank you for the insightful reply :+1:
Do you know of a suitable ROM i can try? I am not interested in CoreELEC (for now). I just want to get rid of the pathetic original ROM. I do have 64GB version. (the LAN is definitely not 1Gbit.)

Does it mean the X96Max Plus firmware works OK on this box? Did the FW corrupt your HDMI CEE or it got corrupted after you installed CE19 on top of x96Max Plus firmware? I don’t quite understand your initial post…

You can visit freaktab, that’s the right place for this. You’re not interested in CoreELEC so no problem to solve.

I know you know, I put it in case anyone is clueless.

Gomario The boxes X96 100X100 garbage, Android bugs, CE bugs, better not to buy them.

Simply disastrous