[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Following on from the Freaktab thread.
I have both the Beelinks GT KING Pro & the UGOOS AM6.
I took this from my UGOOS AM6.
Maybe the information might be useful.

This is the email reply I got from Beelink this morning.
It came after many days of emails back & forth during which they denied there were two versions of the GT King Pro out there.

Hi,
The default frequency of the S922X is 1.8Ghz, and the overclocking can reach 2.2Ghz. However, because Amlogic claims that the S922X overclocking reaches 2.2Ghz, the product will be unstable, and the chip will overheat. Some problems occur during use, and 1.8Ghz is stable. The best frequency of operation, in order to maintain the stability of the product, we began to set the default frequency of the S922X product to 1.8Ghz.
If the customer wants, we can restore the firmware running at the highest frequency of 2.2Ghz, but this may make the product unstable.
Best regards

Rev. B: CPU serial: 290b…

1 Like

Thx, added the serial to the above post.

Btw. I wonder if recently bought AM6 boxes are being downclocked as well.

yes, I got my AM6 today from Geekbuying and it’s rev A.

To be honest at this stage I have no idea of what I have in either my GT King Pro or my UGOOS AM6
Also remember there’s a UGOOS AM6 Pro as well which I don’t have.

Can someone explain to me how I can find out what version of CPU I have ?

I just took this from my Beelink GT King Pro.

1800&1704 is rev.a
How to check:

1 Like

Thanks for that boot2k3.
Its over my head but I’ll give it a go when I get the chance.
Can I do any damage by just entering cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial

damage is not possible, cat is only for reading…:grinning:

1 Like

Well I did the test on both my GT King Pro & Ugoos AM6.
The GT King Pro is Rev A & the Ugoos AM6 is Rev B.

Serial: 290b
1800MHz

1 Like

If it’s revB with the correct dtb you will have 2.2 Ghz. In CoreELEC.

Don’t look at the CPU speed displayed in Kodi, it always shows 1800 MHz for both rev. A and rev. B because it is showing the frequency of A53 cores and not the A73.

3 Likes

What do I need to do to check the 8K decoding on the rev. A? I’ve simply tried to play 8K using the latest nightly and all I got was a black screen but I don’t know if it is supposed to work this way on the rev. B.

Use inputstream addon, set decoder to max resolution, try some 8K youtube video.

1 Like

8k could work on rev. b only

Surely Rev B is 2.2 GHz ?
Rev A is 1.8 GHz ?

A53 cores are clocked 1.8GHz in both revisions.
A73 cores are 2.2GHz on rev B and 1.7GHz on rev A.

1 Like

So my rev b playing without problem 8k from youtube addon

Regarding the 8K decoding not possible on the rev. A… would it be possible due to e.g. missing nodes in the device tree or different configuration of the decoder done in the bootloader or is this the proof that it is actually a different hardware?

As Beelink still claims the hardware is the same and that they can release a firmware that will basically “restore” the rev. A to the rev. B.

It’s a hardware limitation.