[S922X] Bee-link GT King

That’s the one which I got from this thread. Power button doesn’t work so can’t put it into standby.

Fixed it. Edit that remote.conf and set
: factory_code = 0x7f800000

(you can get the value 7f80 from dmesg -c output (last 4 digits) - look for a line wrong custom code is 0xXXYYZZZZ. ZZZZ is 7f80 for me)

Then set ircode to 0x51 instead of 0x56. Then power button works.

credit to:
https://www.microdev.it/wp/en/2016/12/12/remote-control-configuration-for-libreelec-on-amlogic-socs/
and

Mine works perfect with this config, what I’v uploaded.
I’ve RevB chip.
Magic… :smiley:

1 Like

Weird… must be variants then (mine’s the ‘a’). Hopefully my post will help others with the issue.

This is a modified file,
cheers

http://www.mediafire.com/file/au1ixumhnglq6uo/remote.conf/file

1 Like

I have a Beelink BTKing

Hi, I tried to download it, but it let’s me choose between 2 revisions of RAM:
which one do I have to take
4G rev.b
4G rev.a

You can start from revision a. It should work for both cases…
Or check via ssh:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial
290a… is a
290b… is b

This Android TV box hasn’t been used. I don’t know how the performance is. This video introduces the Beelink GT King pro. I don’t know how it is. If you are interested, you can have a look.

Hi,
someone compared gt king to am6 pro before purchase it?

Is there a reason i would prefer gt king over am6 pro?
Both can run ce on emmc?
More am6 pro is rev. B or rev. A?

Why are you looking at an Android Box if you want to run CE internally ??

Just buy an SBC which will work and is supported.

Is this not the scenario that the ceemmc tool was created to accommodate?

It was not created to encourage members to buy Android Boxes and convert them to CorELEC.
Inconsistencies in chop and changing of internal electronic parts used by the likes of Beelink etc is well documented.
PS: Ugoos has a higher quality standard than most of the Chinese Branded Android Boxes.

Yep, but the price is 30-50% higher than the GT-King.

If You want quality, You have to pay the price
Beelink =! quality

If you want cheap, you get a $35 one. Beelink is rather premium priced compared to those, so may as well get one that’s better. I don’t have either so I can’t say if it’s really that inferior to Ugoos.
I would say though, that after reading there is no way to know if you’re getting the newer or older Rev on Beelink, but still pay the same price, would make me shy away from it.

Both those devices have pretty good reviews, but it’s hard to tell if the reviewers are incentivized or not.

I have GT-king revB and perfect quality.

Hi all 907p0 with dual boot has been released on beelink forum can’t post the link now but I have installed on my gtking and it is working

Did you mean Beekink != quality?
I don’t agree with you, but … not too bad for the job.
Neither Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie. :slight_smile:

I haven’t inspected a Ugoos box but I have had a few different Beelink GT-King units and the first batch had a number of issues from broken HDMI to broken LAN port.

All of them I have inspected including the GT-King Pro had no-name/recycled RAM and eMMC.

The only devices I have seen use premium components are those from Hardkernel, Khadas and Minix, all of which I have seen use Nanya or Samsung RAM and/or eMMC chips.

I’m not trying to bash Beelink as they have been very supportive to us and other open-source projects.

1 Like

Ugoos devices looks pretty good, well done, came with hynix memory modules and other good components, but they cost half more (150€ vs 100€) and bring half of internal storage (32GB vs 64GB) than the Beelink GT King.

The Beelink one with a CE TF is $10 cheaper on gearbest, the non-CE is actually same price as Ugoos. $129-$139.
In EU I guess the differences are higher?
Is more space on eMMC really necessary?