[S922X] Bee-link GT King

This would be a gamble. Internal installs even for 3.14 are not supported. Yet still we deal with bricked devices and users expect us to fix it.

Maybe in some future update it will appear to work who knows. But what happens if it stops working with another update?

Then this is just a big misunderstanding.

Works for me.
No doubt someone else will chip in in a second though.

I guess with the device and development still being brand new and in the early stages a lot can change and itā€™s probably a lot to ask for, I really hope a option can be made for install to internal even if itā€™s at the cost of the android system. I will keep my fingers crossed and look forward to what future development brings!

It is just a pita to support even if we say we donā€™t support it. Because it might break with the next nightly and leave you with a bricked device.

1 Like

Your rightā€¦ the only reason i can do it is because when i pulled the SoC to insert my wedge i can get to them. but to be honest i have not actually traced back to where they come out on the board elsewhere as my intent is to have full access to the core via jtag as i normally do.

I almost started using CoreELEC with one of those cheap S905X Android boxes you find a dime a dozen. After reading the forum for a while I quickly realized the limitations and issues going that route. Seems like an uphill battle with those. I realized an SBC is the way to go so I started with a Le Potato.

What Iā€™d like to see is more SBC makes with the latest AMLogic parts. Still I think itā€™s exceptionally gracious the way the CoreELEC guys try to support the Android boxes, they go over and above doing that. That being the case people should at least be patient and refrain from needling them about it.

I concure 100%. and its always when something breaks that the more ignorant start populating sights like this poking the blame at someoneā€¦

Assuming you guys are similar as i am with only a finite amount of time to spend i am sure you guys would sooner spend your time making things better and moving forward rather then coming to a stop while something that got broke now needs most of your attention.

It would not be the delema it is for the ones that want to permanately blow Android off the box and run either real Linux or one of these JEOS systems, as those fixes usually are breaks outside the proprietary or Android changes.

1 Like

LibreComputer is going to release LaFrite. It will be $25 with S805X. Even though Amlogic claims itā€™s limited to 1080p Da said it can hw decode 4K video. This would make a very cheap SBC.

Maybe in the future it would be possible to add installtointernal support for those who want to get rid of android and have it as a CE box only?
and the users who want to be able to dual boot android and ce would be better suited to the N2

For me the only thing stopping me from ordering the gt-king now is the lack of internal support, I would be very happy to have internal support instead of android.
Would the issues mentioned by Ray about future updates breaking support for internal still be a issue if android was removed?

Sounds like an RPi killer, good idea on their part. I use an N2, but I honestly donā€™t need that much horsepower. Iā€™m only running 1080p at this point, though I do like the PC like speed on the interface. That alone is worth it to me. I could actually get by just fine on something like that.

It has nothing to do with Android really. If I update the kernel, uboot or the initramfs and donā€™t support Internal while you are using it it might break because of my changes.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea as for alot running 1080p may be around the cap for some of the people only streaming as they have no local real storageā€¦ why notā€¦ why should someone have to buy something based on the newest and fastest or best.

Personally ive still got dozenā€™s of old s812ā€™s still in use as thats all they are used for.

I am always amazed at how cheap they can make things when they want toā€¦$25 is pretty damn hard to beat.

Just to make sure the S805X is basically a lower clocked S905. It has nothing to do with the old S805 or S812.

Yep. i realize the 805x is a arm8 or a53 versus the s812 which was older arm7 a9ā€¦ just saying i use what i already got.

But your right in that they are not from the same line.

Dunno why they reused the S805 name.

Yeah that seems like a bad idea, should have called it a new name. Makes people think theyā€™re going backwards.

ya good oneā€¦ the only reasoning i could see was they were trying to make a statement about it being the lowest in the line of chips so they stepped backwards.

or maybe from a design perspective what they are calling the S805x is really a earlier bad 905x design that would not meet q/c at the S905x level and rather then pitch them they decided to introduce them as the S805x.

i am assuming you realize that Amlogic dosnā€™t actually make the SoC as they sub that out to a fab shop or foundary. no one likes throwin out anything these days and being the time involved in designing/testing a IP core maybe its more about recouping those expenses. hard to say without inside knowledge.

Thatā€™s whatā€™s puzzling me. The Video decoding IP is the same as S905X while they still claim itā€™s max. 1080p

maybe its kinda like how intel used to rate their cpuā€™s and speed ratingsā€¦

maybe its just that what they are downgrading to S805x cant pass the Quaulity Control in some areas otherwise the actual on wafer peripherals and resources are pretty much the same. I canā€™t say as i have never looked at the wafer level of the S805xā€¦ but the published specs with missing data in a couple of the areas make me wonder if thats really whats going on and the S805x is some form or earlier partially crippled development they decided to release after the fact.