[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Future S905 variants are moving to a different core, so the idea of can’t pass QC so mark it as an S805 doesn’t really work long term. It’s more then likely they are just trying to make a few dollars more out of the a53 licensing from the always looking for more corners to cut to make the price cheaper TV box market.

But should start a separate thread if we want to talk S805X, since unless we are comparing S805X devices to the GT king, we are drifting way off topic.

Not being able to use the eMMC storage would be an automatic no no for me.

The support (or potential lack of it) from Beelink is worrying too.

Just spotted this over at a popular deals site in the UK, which does not bode well for sales.

So if i was to be considering a GT king right now and did some research, I would be waiting for what will have to be a considerable price reduction to make it look appealing to prospective users.

Sorry to pull in with a somewhat off topic question, but devs are scaring me with the statement that the new kernel (4.9) will not be compatible with internal installation (eMMC). It happens that I own a KI pro with CE installed in internal. Should I disallow automatic upgrade?

The older s905/s912 devices won’t be getting an update to 4.9 quite yet. Need to get a stable release for the s922x devices with the 4.9 kernel first. When we start doing public builds with 4.9 for the older devices these will be separate test builds. So no worries about a 3.14 based build updating to 4.9 until It’s ready and safe to do so.

1 Like

That “deal” on hukd was terrible, AliExpress sells for £83 shipped from Spain, France, Poland or China (eu countries pay no import duty). There’s also 5% cashback available through Quidco which takes it down to around £79… Or if you have a alibaba account setup and don’t mind the slower buying procedure you can get them with 1MOQ for £73
-MOQ is minimum order quantity, they sell for as low as £60 but with higher MOQ, £73 was the cheapest I could find for single box

Can’t see anything specific for EU shipping.

Do you have a link?

It might be an indicator that prices are coming down to be competitive.

Once again, thank you for the hard work of CE Develeopers, for this device.
For me the install in the emmc, not primary aspect, when I can switch to android, there I can use those emmc. I can live with CE in good sd card or usb. Me is important first, a good working CE/Kodi in sdcard, with remote and lan. When that is possible, I will be happy with this device. Maybe later, the things will be changing…
This is just my 2c
Thank you

1 Like

I am glad for the work devs do for Beelink also.

Just my 2cents to the “internal storage”. As for HTPC, for what you guys did you use it? Me personally, since my first Rpi1 HTPC, using simple USB flashdrive to /storage partition. Using it still to these days, on every device I install (Rpi/Odroid C2). For the image cache/config files (clients) it was and is 100% sufficient. For the DB/file storage (server), I am using typically USB HDD’s. Never had performance issues… What kind of use-case did you guys do, that USB vs eMMC makes difference for you?

Well, had amlogic s912 h96 pro plus, bricked at this moment, was working with sdcard, there wss no performance issue, never used internal storage, had there dual boot, but never issued android, use these chines boxes as htpc only :slight_smile:

Btw Bricked, because CE announced a new version 9.2, had 9.1, did issue update, rebooted, did not boot again, then i read never update chinese boxes :smiley:

I can’t see how the CE update on sdcard could brick your device. There is something else.

1 Like

I’m not complaining, just wanted to add regarding internal storage, really that’s what happend, update, reboot, no funcionality, not a big issue :wink: hope i will unbrick somehow it -using pi 3 instead

Now they have 922x and B922,each has different firmware!

Let the fun and games begin :pensive:

And also 922X has 2 pcb version (v2.0 and v2.1) with different memory chips…

Hi there,

I’m not aiming at anyone in particular here, but please, consider this thread as it is : a simple and collective way to share knowledge and progress on the GT King device and its CoreELEC support.

This means you should respect any user participating and accept the fact that you may have a different view and/or opinions than others.

Please do avoid repeatedly asking for the same thing again and again… If you are willing to develop and share something, just do it. If you just need to complain, just don’t.

Thanks !

1 Like

Broleke, that was very well said. I am afraid of posting on here anymore. Tired of the abuse aimed at the “King” users. To me, it appears that we “King” owners, are the red headed step child…

Now, I will get flamed for making this statement!!!

2 Likes

Paranoid much. People have simply stated some intrinsic issues with the product, issues will probably get a whole lot worse now that there are already multiple hardware versions released.

Stop been so precious.

There is no reason to feel that way. GTK is causing a lot of headache for the developers but playing the victim card doesn’t get things done faster.

The GTK is just the first “android box” where the “no internal installs rule for 4.9” is enforced. It is nothing personal and it is not against Beelink. There are enough of serious issues with the GTK and we focus getting these done. For instance today GTK is not even booting CoreELEC anymore :frowning:.

I think we will do a different approach here. Custom Uboot will not work with several board revisions. We will use vendor uboot which will lack a lot of features we have for the N2. It is just not possible right now, sorry.
We will also make a public build soon with what works. This will lack Gigabit Ethernet, wifi and BT.

The remaining issues will take longer than we expected.

clarkss12… as Ray said theres no reason to feel like that and i know as a serious techy i tend to at times sound or come off in a manner not true to my intentions and i am sure theres others here that are similar.

opinions are like butt-holes as we all have one but that shouldn’t be a reason to feel persecuted on a sight like here. Everyone rates things differently and in most cases no very little of whats in the mind of the one buying things these days.

i think the biggest part of whats happened in the way the thread has unfolded lies in people trying to compare basically 2 different types of devices that even tho they share some comonality were actually designed for different reasons which makes any real comparisons difficult at best. but the main thing is to not take things personal and depending the day or any other of a mulitude of things some people just get grouchy at times, i know i do…

I agree with what Ray said as i think it may be best just to release the best you can and look and move forward from there and people will just have to be patient or start to try and learn to figure some things out on their own ( i don’t mean that in a negative manner)…

1 Like

Seems GT-King is divided into two memory versions, LPDDR4 And DDR4, and the firmware of the two memory versions is different

Would it help if they release GT-King’s DDR4 memory version firmware open source SDK?