[S922X] Bee-link GT King

ok, thanks for doing the hard work !

How is video image quality compared to N2, is it identical?
Iā€™m a bit confused because N2 users in general are reporting better image quality than S905x/S912 chips but some GT King user at freaktab is complaining about video quality in android players being worse than on older modelsā€¦ Thanks

You should not compare CoreELEC with Android.

N2 image quality is superb and way better that S905/S912.

Without SuperScaler, the image quality is same as S912.

And can we expect Beeling GT-King video image quality to be identical with the N2 in CoreElec?

Yes, we can.

And what about the LG C8 internal player ?
Are GT-King or N2 better on such DV files Star Wars - The last Jedi.sample.e-ac3.DV.mp4

1 Like

You canā€™t play DV content with CE. To clarify: You can play DV content, but you wonā€™t get DV on the TV from CE.

1 Like

The problem with DV is that itā€™s a proprietary format, and requires special licensing and validation by Dolby, of both hardware and software.
I really doubt itā€™ll ever be supported, but Iā€™ll be glad to be proven wrong.

I agree. But many things, in the past and also recent past, seemed impossible to get. Well, letā€™s hope.:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I think your hoping for too much with this one, itā€™s like trying to find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbowā€¦ in other words itā€™s never going to happen.

Mainline kernel+Kodi doesnā€™t even support HDR yet, never mind DV.

You have better chances of winning the EuroMillions to be honest ā€¦ it wonā€™t happen in other words.

Got it. Thanks

Iā€™m sorry if my reply seems a little cold, I just donā€™t want to give users false hope, I think itā€™s better to be realistic.

We havenā€™t got HW decoders for Netflix yet, so the chances you will get DV is nill to none.

Telling people ā€˜soonā€™ or ā€˜maybeā€™ is just wrong.

1 Like

Again you are right. You know the ā€œthingsā€ from ā€œinsideā€ and I only have my passion and optimism.
Thanks again for yr excellent work. I am very happy since I met Ce and this forum.:smiley::smiley:

The SoC is licensed by Dolby to play DV in hw. Iā€™m not sure it this works in secure path only. I played a little bit with it a few weeks ago and read some source code. For me it doesnā€™t look impossible.

1 Like

Somebody said LE will never run on S912 because the missing drivers. And thenā€¦ :slight_smile:
But I got it what Adam says to not give false hope to the usersā€¦

If only we could have dolby vision! it would be the perfect box!

No, LPCM passthrough.

This is not the place for N2 discussion, this thread is for Beelink, no more please.