[S922X] Bee-link GT King

Thx for all the work :slight_smile: I hope you get everything solved soon.

thanks for all the efforts you put on this.

Waiting for everything is fine, I will buy a Beelink GT King box, thank CoreELEC Team.

Great work, much appreciated the time being put into this device :ok_hand:

We really appreociate your hard work coreelec team, is there any donation link, we can use, please?

Also would you be so kind as to share test build for testing/playing even if not all working if already in a stage that not so easy to brick our devices, please?

@Xko we donā€™t accept donations but thank you for considering it anyway :slight_smile:

Weā€™re not quite ready to provide a test build yet.

Status update:
Bluetooth now works

Issues still to be addressed:
4K HEVC
Slow Ethernet
CEC
Android compatible u-boot

@Portisch is dealing with the u-boot side of things and I will speak to @Ray about the CEC issue in the next couple of days.

The slow ethernet is probably down to a dtb related issue so I will look at that when I get chance and it is probably the same problem for 4K HEVC playback also.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping us updated :slight_smile:

For the slow ethernet check if there is the famous ā€œcali_valā€ attribute in dts that cause ethernet slow down with some PHY in kernel 3.14

@Menion, we donā€™t have such attribute in GT DTS

Che if the corresponding glue register (I think was PRG_REG2) is not set to something in the amlogic stmmac glue logic. It is possible that some other dts attribute is picked up for it. I am pretty sure this register set rx clock screw, that if misconfigured causes slow Ethernet performances. BTW the slowness is bidirectional or on a specific Ethernet direction?

If you left it as 1Gbit than box is almost not accessible or very slow even via sshā€¦
If you switch lan to 100Mbit all is working againā€¦
I think some upstream patch is absent, I will check it next week as will return at home.

Synthomps are exactly what I experienced with T96+ Pro with ZTE phy, when we used to apply the cali_val (normally set to 0x20000000) to reg2. If you check, upon my suggestion now in CE kernel 3.14 the setting of this register has been commented out. If you can point me to where download the kernel 4.9 I can also give a look at it.

I sent you a link in PM.

There is an issue with the development at present.

To use a custom bootloader it makes Android unbootable.

CE and Android can be booted without a custom bootloader but then we are unable to add WoL or fix standby wake-up.

So the question to users isā€¦

Do you need Android or notā€¦?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Is your poll visible enough in this thread?

Hello @anon88919003,

I might see the situation different, but many if not all of us, we are interesting in coreelec on gt-king, not android itself, we have android on our phones :wink: donā€™t take me any one wrong, or donā€™t be angry with me, but we are still interestind in coreelec running on gt-king, if sombedy wants to stay with android, then he can stay with original bootloader, simpleā€¦ and who knows one day you or your friends can solve the issue, so the both android and coreelec will boot within your custom bootloader

But on the other hand do we really need WOL, msny if not all of us, never shut our htpc, so why wol would be missing, and standby? Is that really needed?

Possible to make the both options? Or i want too much?

-You know like, here u can download bootlader with coreelec all features working
-And here u can download the both coreelec and android working without wol etcā€¦

And whatever option you will go for with android or without, ā€¦thanks for your hard work with gt-king :slight_smile:

I want a dual boot option. If I only wanted CoreELEC, I would have purchased the Odroid N2.

You probably should have purchased an N2 then because that device can actually dual boot both Android and CoreELEC, it looks unlikely that you will be able to do this with the Beelink device, not without having some bugs at least.

What is the issue? The Uboot source baseline is the N2 one adapted for GT King?

Donā€™t think that Iā€™m adding salt onto your wound, just to inform you - at the moment I have 4 OSes on my N2, CoreElec, Ubuntu, Android Pie and Android TV, with proper dual (in fact triple) boot option :wink:

2 Likes