[S922X] Ugoos AM6(+), Help & Support

I’m almost sure that it’s already been done without positive outcome. Considering how many new boxes they had since then and lack of dev. resources, they won’t touch AM6 series unless really needed. Though I’m sure they are enjoying the renewed interest (sales-wise) in the box since recent CE developments …

Here’s an update that no-one asked for that might help someone in the future.I finally received an 5.25" enclosure by OWC for my LG WH16NS40 that I had flashed the WH16NS60 1.02MK firmware and plugged it in to the Ugoos running CoreElec.Downloaded the latest keys for blurays from here and tried to playback my discs that I haven’t converted yet and everything played back just fine.I have the Bluray menu add-on installed with the simplified menu and its now the perfect replacement for me.

A huge thank you to any developer or anyone who has contributed their time and efforts for making all this possible.

Just note that while my experience is flawless I think when keys aren’t available for a bluray it may not playback the media sometimes but I’m yet to encounter that.

I just hope someone figures out a boot loader unlock for the pesky cec issues if that’s possible.

TLDR:I’m just happy I can play remuxes as well as bluray discs off my Ugoos

2 Likes

I already replied to you on AVSF, but maybe this is better. I already use VUK for Makemkv but I would like to know how to use VUK with Coreelec.

bootloader unlock would be impossible. only ugoos can fix the issues on their end and release an update (but for some stupid reason they don’t want to even with half of the work has already been done for them). maaaaybe if there are a lot of us and we keep pushing them, then something might come out of it eventually…

The part of the bootloader that handles deep sleep is a closed source blob that Amlogic provides. Ugoos would have to get Amlogic to provide them with a fix.

The default suspend option in CE is suspend-to-ram, the am6+'s IR receiver probably isn’t working in this state from CE. You could use suspend-to-idle which is the step right before suspend-to-ram. That turns off a bunch of the boards functions, and puts 5 of the 6 CPU cores offline. The IR receiver is still functional at this stage for waking.

I made a script for the 2nd gen Cube to use suspend-to-sleep that would probably work with the am6+ with a couple tweaks.

4 Likes

My Amb6+ able to power off via CoreElec, using factory remote IR command.

IR power off isn’t a problem, IR wake from suspend in CE is the problem

Why anyone want use suspend? The box boot in 15s…

would like that script for AM6B+, thank you :slight_smile:

probably it’s personal preference, for some people it’s annoying to wait that ‘long’. I also prefer poweroff to suspend.

It takes about 15s to start up from suspend. It’s closer to 25s from shutdown. However I just noticed that when using Harmony hub, shutdown is more reliable. So I configured it to shutdown when pressing off button, but stay on when switching inputs until my Kodi set timeout of 15 minutes.

This is exactly what I want so thank you :slight_smile:

The suspend-to-idle script is here. Suspend-to-idle cuts power consumption by ~40-60%, where as suspend-to-ram is more like ~90-99% (depends on the device, some might only be 60% reduction). Or you could leave the box on 24/7, it’s only using 2-3W.

It takes the Cube ~5sec to wake from suspend-to-idle with Estuary skin, ~10sec with Arctic Zypher: Reloaded. That’s from CE on a USB, it might be a little faster from an eMMC install. I couldn’t find a way to stop Kodi from restarting after exiting suspend-to-idle, otherwise wakeup would be ~2-3sec regardless of the skin.

The am6+ might have some additional hardware with wakeup function that needs to be turned off so that it doesn’t wake itself from suspend. On the Cube I only had to disable RTC wakeup. Run the script from SSH and see how it performs for you. If you are satisfied then you’d need to remap your skin’s power menu suspend option to the script, or map a button on your remote to it.

1 Like

Okay
Now i understand what is the issue for some

Have been using default settings in CeC CoreELEC with Ugoos and TCL TV

With no issues whatsoever
TV remote powers on Ugoos when TV is powered on.
Not even 3 secs to initiate.
If the last input on TV was not CoreELEC

I use Google Voice assistant
Hey Google switch input to HDMI 1
Ugoos powers right up.

Power down TV/Ugoos Turns off

Can wake Ugoos with Ugoos remote regardless
I also have added IR remote config from Hk1x4 Box.
Which also can wake Ugoos

1 Like

I just hooked up box with cpm T4a. Every DV Remux MKV I stream shows up when I hit the info button on my LG G4 TV shows up as DV 8bit. How do I know if its really 8bit or 12bit?

TV-led DV is a 12-bit source packaged within a 8-bit RGB container that is sent to the TV.

The TV showing 8-bit is correct.

So how do I know it’s working ? My zidoo z9x shows the same info

Use a test file.

Anyone using HDMI Cec to use their Tv remote who has figured out how to get long press of the select button for menu/options working?

Long press of the reads as multiple select button entries in my case.

How will the test file help? If the TV always shows 8 bit regarding if its 8 or 12 bit. How will I know. Is there an info screen in CE that shows its 12bit?

Player info in CE will also show 8bit. 8bit for tv-led and 12bit for player-led dolby vision.