[S922X] Ugoos AM6(+), Help & Support

how can i see videofile specs like bitrate and resolution while playing a movie?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Player_process_info#Player_Process_Info

I have this info on my LG C9 oled with dolby vison remux movies.

Pixelformat: 8-bit,RGB
EOTF&GAMUT: DV-Std BT.709

And with 1080P remux movies:

Pixelformat: 12-bit, YUV444
EOTF&GAMUT: SDR BT.709

is this normal?

Are using the LG “Channel Tunning” or the LG “VRR Information” pop-up to get this info? If your not using the “VRR Information” pop-up then while playing the video file that you want information press the green button on your original LG remote multiple times (around ten times in a row) it will show the pop-up VRR Information which is generally more correct than the other methods.

2 Likes

This is very cool, did not know this

Yes, perfectly normal.

1 Like

I tried the script, it turns off but turns on again, I just setting up the box on a PC display atm, maybe it’s different when using TV?

The green button trick is not working on my C9.

Ok, I think it was only implemented on CX and later models.

Try the following:

Open settings, program, focus on the first option (do not select), hit 11111 on the remote. A menu opens up with detail info. You can click on certain areas as the hdmi to get a new window with more info.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s this is the right thread to ask, but I converted to AM6b+ from Z9X and it seems when playing HDR10 movies, dark areas look really dark (and I seem to be losing some details in the dark areas compared to playing on Z9X)… is this normal? On the flip side, bright areas are brighter and things look a lot more realistic but I just wonder if this is what’s expected? I’ve updated to CPM T4A build if this helps.

Check to see if you have HDR10 to Dolby Vision VS10 engine conversion activated under Settings/System/CoreELEC (which will cause the output that you described). If “-For HDR10” is set to “Dolby Vision”, try setting it to “off”, and then reboot.

I do not think you need to reboot to get those changes in effect on the latest versions of cpm build (i.e., T4 or T4A).

It’s already set to off. I followed the recommended settings posted in a screenshot in the cpm build thread (everything off, on demand DV and tv led DV.)
DV movies look excellent. Its HDR movies that still look ok, but not sure why bright and dark areas seem to be tweaked

Try setting HDR10 to “Dolby Vision” instead of “off” to see if you get a better result.

DV doesn’t trigger. The black letterboxes turn red and there are red spots all over.

trying to update to CPM version, copied tar file to update folder and reboot, but still on latest nightly? should I not see update procedure after reboot? Thanks

Are you using cpm’s version T4A? Does this happens to all HDR10 video files or only one? Is your Ugoos firmware 0.5.4 and have you changed/updated it in anyway?

Do you see this screen when navigating to Settings → System → CoreELEC:

no, only the standard ones. I copied from USB with Kodi File Manager.

Is your Ugoos firmware 0.5.4 and have you changed/updated it in anyway?