[S922X] X88 King

have you tried to SSH or ping the device?

I have just double checked the device tree you was using previously and ethernet is exactly the same so it must be a wiring issue if you are still having trouble.

@anon88919003 are you sure you didn’t leave something out? Cause the dtb.img files where the ethernet was working are all 10kb bigger then the ones where ethernet wasn’t working.dtb.img (84.6 KB) Could you use this dtb.img and only change the usb part? Then wireless should also work.

No, i didn’t do that. But you can also see if the network works by the time. If the time is corrected, the network works. Using your dtb.img the time isn’t adjusted automatically.

Checking it again, will report back shortly.

Okay I have checked everything again and it looks exactly the same as the one you was using previously however I have built it again, try this.

sorry, no network and size is 70kB, not 86kB.

tried editing the files myself, but i can’t get it back to dtb. What i did, take everything between the audio part and the watchdog part (so usb part), and replace it with the same part but from the working usb dtb.img file, networkusb2.dts (99.5 KB)

It’s still text format, but the size is the same as the one where the network is working. I get a lot of warnings though.

At the end, there’s this syntax error when i want to convert the dts back to dtb.

You can’t do a swap shop job on the device trees, they don’t work like that and the changes would only be wiped out with each update.

I’m really struggling to see why that one is working for you, the only major difference is that memory is assigned differently, try this one here which has the same memory defined as your Android DT.

Also the DT that works for you did you take this from our latest nightly or an older one?

the device tree i gave you is from the daily build, the steady build. The nightlies also have the smaller device trees where network doesn’t work. The boot up with the test dtb sure is a lot faster.

Maybe the dtb from android has better ethernet support?

So none of the device trees in the nightly build has working ethernet for you?

I’m not sure what you mean by steady daily build.

yes, one has working ethernet, the daily build, so 9.2.1. So, this one. The nightlies, ethernet isn’t working with.

If i use the dtb am6 from the daily build on the nightly build, ethernet is working though.

By daily build do you mean the stable build?

What build have you been testing the dtbs on that I have been providing you with?

And also please try latest nightly build and n2 dtb on latest nightly build to check if ethernet works or not

stable build, yes. I tested the last two nightlies with your dtb files.

n2.dtb: the red led on the box starts flashing, so it is rapidly turning on and off and on and off and so on.

Problem is now resolved.

hello :slight_smile: I’m new here and I’m sorry for the mistakes but I am forced to use the translator… I follow your topic because I also have similar problems with the king. AdamG
you write that the problem is solved, so that the internet and USB work, which version of coreelec should I upload and which adb?

The next nightly build and stable versions will have this fix.
You should always use the DTB from the version you are flashing or updating to.

OK, so just to fully understand the procedure - mark1978 suggested using dtb from a daily build with a nightly build - so this is the temporary fix?
Or is it using one of dtb files you presented?

Of course, that is a workaround before the fixes get implemented in next builds, I recon.

Thanks in advance!

No, No and No.

Tomorrow’s build will have the correct working device tree but you can grab it now here.

1 Like

Now I get it - much obliged! Cheers!