[S922X] X88 King

One more S922x box has recently hit the market. This one has intriguing specs and can already be found for <$90US on AliExpress/Banggood. It has 128GB/4GB standard for this price which is impressive. I’m tempted to pick one up just to fool around with.

Any plans to support this box?

3 Likes

any news about suport to this box?

I have this box.It can boot to CoreELEC,but all USBPort is not working.I try all the S922x DTB.So it can’t link the input device.

Does the remote that come with it work? If it does you can try pairing USB keyboard with the built in Bluetooth.

I have a NAS, so if everything else works hopefully we can get the USB ports going eventually.

The remote can’t work.The DTB of Odroid can flicker the redlight in box,but it’s not work.When KODI started,I can visit boxip:8080

The USB Port is not work. I try keyboard&mouse already.

You could try to start CE box from USB stick(just for test)…
May be the same as here:

I tried.black screen.When this state,I insert a mouse,The mouse’s light on 0.5 second

Usb ports are not working until someone can create a custom dtb for this box. Can it be generated from an android dtb? I haven’t found how to do it, any help would be really appreciated.

Using odroid n2 dtb ethernet, video and sound work, so it’s usable. You can control kodi with your phone using the embedded web server in http://box.ip.add.ress:8080 there is a remote control icon on top of the page that works fine. But wifi, Bluetooth and USB don’t work at the moment.

I have used your tutorial to create a meson-ir config file, and the remote works, but not well, most of the times you need to press a key several times to get detected. Maybe I can change a parameter to fix it, anyone can help with this?
I’m also trying to use amremote, and I’ve copied some remote.conf files to /storage/.config but no success so far. Should this work with the android firmware remote config files? There are 3 or 4 config files in /vendor/etc/remote* I’ll try them later.

CEC is Working.You can try the TV’s remoter.

1 Like

I leave here, the files that I have taken from android. In case they serve something.
https://mega.nz/#F!hlh3maJY!ZWcxCsxpFVDShDnG43HnxQ

Edit: The remote works correctly with the remote.conf of the x96 air, since they have the same.

Any news on a dtb from the smart people. I think it is still 2 days in discount for 64 euro on aliexpress. But I am not going to buy it if I can not hook up the external hard drive. Sticking in a coreelec usb card and saying thanks a lot is about the maximum of my capabilities.

Hi.

Please help me.

I just bought a x88 king but the remote control is not working as it should, and sometimes not at all.

What to do?

No news about dtb?

Note, there are no conf files in the repo, in fact I did say a month or so ago, I would not be maintaining it, due to illness, so there are no new device remote files there. Searching the forum is the other way to possibly find them.

Did find this [S905X3] X96Air_P2/P3 4/32GB 1Gbit Lan (How to config)

Using the box via HDMI CEC. Overall - works perfectly, not counting inconvenience of a USB remote absence. Still crossing fingers for a dtb developer geek)

I guess magicsee n6 plus is a copy of the subject. Hope the clone will be more popular

you could, if you have superuser rights, extract the dtb files within android.

dtc -l dtb -O dts -o dts dtb.img

and

fdtdump dtb.img> dts2

I wasn’t succesfull. It either didn’t recognize the commands, or it couldn’t write the file cause didn’t have superuser rights.

*Tried to convert the dtb.img from this topic to the text format, but it says the header of the file is bad. Further there’s a topic like this on libreelec forum. It says not only the dtb.img has to fit, but also the kernel must have the usb capabilities in it. So the developers of libreelec must support the x88 king again.