SAT>IP settings for DIGIBIT R1 and tvheadend

If you follow my topics you will see that I use the Zerotier VPN network without problems. Well, I was able to link a SATIP server based on minisatip located in another remote home network, with tvheadend within CoreELEC, located in the main home network. Evidently tvheadend does not see the remote SATIP server so it is necessary to add to the tvheadend service activation command line the following:

For a minisatip server:
--satip_xml http://<remote_satip_server>:<port>/desc.xml

Example: --satip_xml http://192.168.10.10:9999/desc.xml, where
192.168.10.10 is the IP address of the SATIP server in the remote home network connected and routed via zerotier, and 9999 is the default port of the minisatip server integrated in the CoreELEC addon.

For the DIGIBIT R1 server:
--satip_xml http://<remote_satip_server>:8080/desc.xml

but this will only work within the same home network because DIGIBIT R1 cannot be integrated into the zerotier network.

I don’t know the case of DIGIBIT TWIN but if tvheadend doesn’t see it then you can also use the --satip option.

Thanks @cubimol for these SAT>IP settings (for the quad tuner digibit R1 / IDL400).

I just wanted to give my input here (a little):

• Certain settings seems very sensible! Very appropriate for this device

• Been running perexg’s satip AXE firmware for a while, so another point is that firmware runs minisatip server process locally on it. Instead of whatever the official firmware is doing.

• Therefore interesting whether or not some is hardware based matters, or others is matters only affecting those official manufacturer firmware… but usually there is note’s about it over on perexg’s satip-axe github repo.

• In terms of the assignment of static ip - it does not relate to upnp or discovery issues

• In terms of QUAD tuner version (with it running the satip-axe firmware)… i have tested today on master. And gets auto discovery (via upnp / ssdp protocol). No problems. (am running tvheadend server within a docker container).

Hopefully these notes helps to bring up to date. For the current status.

In terms of maybe contributing upstream project (for making any better help documentation), here is a repo for that: GitHub - tvheadend/tvheadend-documentation: Tvheadend Documentation

But there is also online help and defaults baked into the tvheadend server webgui itself too. Which could potentially be a useful thing, for example to set better default values (as these). When tvheadend detects the IDL400 hardware. However I am not sure what’s involved for that sort of thing. If it’s really worth it or not IDK.

Anyhow thanks for the settings, was very helpful indeed. And may help solve some of my longstanding tuning issues with this hardware…

In terms of the AXE firmware for this hardware:

Interestingly, I am still using release 15 (of perexg). However since that time, user Jalle has been updating frequently inside his fork. So this might be an interesting decision whether or not to try that one.

You can browse those extra releases changelog over here:

Personally I have not tried it yet myself. So no idea…