SAT>IP settings for DIGIBIT R1 and tvheadend

SAT>IP settings for DIGIBIT R1 (Firmware Version V1.25.0.157) and tvheadend

I have seen that some people have problems with SAT>IP tuners that for me have a perfect performance with tvheadend server.

My settings are:


  • miniDLNA server: disabled
  • SAMBA server: disabled
  • RTSP multicast: disabled


- SAT> IP device:

  • Signal scale: 255
  • Maximum PIDs: 16 (very important) (*)
  • Maximum length of PIDs: 512
  • addpids/delpids supported: off (very important) (*)
  • FE supported: on
  • Force pilot for DVB-S2: off
  • PIDs 21 in setup: off
  • Disable workarounds: off

- SAT>IP tuners:

  • Initial scan = off
  • Idle scan = off

- Networks:

  • Network discovery = off
  • Skip startup scan = on
  • Idle scan muxes = off

In the event that tvheadend server is late in recognizing the tuner, it is most likely that it is busy in other tasks (mux scan, epg scan, …), check the tvheadend server configuration on this.

Note (*): Without this some muxes are not scanned correctly or with errors or with missing channels, and with other mux there is no problem.

1 Like

Are you using the standard Firmware Version V1.24.0.156 ?

I suspect not, which is why I ask, thanks.

Why kind of LNB are you using … Quad or Unicable I or Unicable II?

I use it now for years with and a Quattro LNB. I do use DVBViewer Media Server without any issue for ~5 years now.

I just discovered that assigning a fixed IP (with the SAT>IP boxes settings) for my Digitwin makes detection erratic with the TVheadend server. This is a function of how TVH detects tuners.
Otherwise things work very well in Coreelec


I have modified some things, I have put the download link of the latest available firmware (Telestar DIGIBIT R1, Inverto IDL-400s and Grundig GSS.BOX) and corrected Maximum PIDs after scanning HotBird. The configuration data works well in Astra 19.2E, HotBird 13.0E, and Hellas 39.0E.

This configuration should work with any Universal LNB but my tests have been done with a Unicable DUR-line UK 124 LNB for 24 tuners with a single coaxial cable. To move the antenna motor I use the conventional Mecool KIII Pro tuner or my old LG TV.

As regards the allocation of IP within a local network, it is always the same, it is not convenient to assign fixed IP addresses inside the devices, since this may lead to malfunctioning. The fixed IP addresses should be assigned from the DHCP server inside the router, this also allows to easily verify that there are no duplications in the IP address.

Not all routers allow access to the DHCP settings, so in this case the only option is to let the router do its own thing with regard to IP’s and live with it.

From what I can determine, the firmware you linked to from Inverto with version number
is the same as the Telestar firmware

The release notes are exact duplicates of each other it seems.

Have you had both those firmwares installed?
Is there a difference?
The link to the Telestar V1.24 firmware

I would like to know if there is a good reason to change the firmware before doing anything.

The hardware of Telestar DIGIBIT R1, Inverto IDL-400S and Grundig GSS.BOX is the same so that the same firmware can be used. Among the three brands Telestar, Inverto and Grundig the best, without a doubt, is Inverto, and it is the one that has endeavored to update the firmware. Telestar and Grundig are really bad brands.

You can use the Inverto IDL-400S firmware on your DIGIBIT R1 if you feel like it.

OK the firmware can be used … but the release notes indicate that it is the same firmware with a different number.
Have you any information about this?

I have no more information, I just know that the firmware of Inverto is used to create alternative firmwares (satip-ax) identical for the three devices mentioned (the last one is dated October 23, 2018) but the configuration is much more difficult.

I can only add that the firmware of Inverto works well for me. If you are worried about the guarantee, continue with your current firmware.

No, not worried about guarantee or such, just that if they are the same firmware there is no real point in using one version in place of the other.

All routers have a DHCP server but not all allow you to assign fixed IP addresses. If this is your case, there is no other solution than to assign a fixed IP address on the device outside the automatic IP assignment range of the DHCP server, and verify that this works.

I guarantee that this approach will upset TVHeadends autodetection.


IGMP snooping in the router configuration may interfere, disable IGMP snooping and try, check that the fixed addresses are within the same network range ( If you assign a fixed IP address within the automatic allocation range of the DHCP server, sooner or later it will fail.

If nothing works look for a forum that talks about your router because the problem is there.