Sharing Internal Storage

And I find moving and symlinking particular folders from SD to eMMC
much more convenient. :wink:

Maybe you can share some info on how you are doing that, and submit it as a separate HowTo? :+1:

1. Mount the eMMc. And donā€™t forget to mount it at every boot (via autostart.sh, for example).
  2. Create on eMMc the desired folder.
  3. Move from removable storage (SD/TF/USB) the content of the folder, which you want to relocate to eMMc, to the created in the previous point folder.
  4. Make a symbolic link on the removable storage folder, pointing to the created (and already containing moved data) folder on the eMMc.
  5. Test the respective application and eventually - enjoy.

Thatā€™s it.

Not a great deal of HowTo really. Perhaps a little more how might help those that donā€™t know (those that do, wouldnā€™t be reading this :wink:)

How do you mount the eMMc? My MS8 Pro+ box doesnā€™t see any (blkid), only the two partitions on the CD card.

Hi,I have this setup working with LE8.2 and would like to upgrade to 8.9, I would love to just plonk the tar file in the update folder but I ma guessing I will have problems as the data partition name has changed from LIBREELEC disk to STORAGE, what is the easiest and safest way to update to 8.9, whilst keeping the boot from SD CARD, data on internal storage optionā€¦ Thanks

Hi,

I was using this method on my S905x boxes. However after migrating to ng release the internal eMMC memory is not more visible by blkid command.

Any hint how to access/mount the internal memory with CE 19.3?

I am using ng with internal storage, if you had previously kodi 18(non-ng) and now kodi 19 there is a problem if you just ā€œreinstallā€ on your sd card. Because after the first start it will detect ā€œstorageā€ on internal sd card and try to start kodi with that configuration, which has ā€œoldā€ format/config/scripts etc. The key is to open terminal and delete storage folder on internal storage and then start with fresh install. Thats how mine worked.

So the problem is no ng or non-ng its the big migration maybe because of old python scripts which are in old storage