Slow down of Hyperion.ng

And now when I try to install hyperion from repository I get:

2019-03-02 10:54:25.130 T:3980391280   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for https://addons.coreelec.org/9.0.1/Amlogic/arm/service.hyperion.ng/service.hyperion.ng-9.0.1.100.1.zip:
2019-03-02 10:54:25.131 T:3980391280   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[service.hyperion.ng]: failed to download special://home/addons/packages/service.hyperion.ng-9.0.1.100.1.zip

Try checking for updates and then installing again :see_no_evil:

1 Like

You had before running 9.0.1? If not get the 9.0.1 release running and afterwards upgrade with the test version. There is a also help thread for the 9.0.1 release.

1 Like

I head 9.0.1 before. Refreshed repos and it works again. Anyway from my point of view smth is wrong with this test release. Like I wrote before live tv is not working like described and a lot of other files don’t play.

What CPU? I tested it on S912.

I used a95x with s905. The 1GB/8GB first version.

May you compare with “top” the CPU usage from the .1 and .2 addon version!? You can use the test image.

As I got no slow down anymore I improved and finished the implementation for the fix.

So here is again a new test version from today:
S905/S912 generic image based on CE 9.0.1& Addon

Please update booth! Image AND addon!

I didn’t test it with the hyperion hardware connected but the “offline” debugging was working :wink:

1 Like

Unfortunately, frame jumps and slowdowns appeared in less than one hour :frowning: But still, thank you so much for your efforts!

You use amvideocap0 and a maximum of 10Hz for the grabber device?

In your last plugin version there is no option for amvideocap0, so I left only fb0. Frequency set to 25, I’ll try to reduce it for testing.

25 won’t work for sure! It causes too much CPU load.

This is the grabber config I have:

Sorry for the late reply :slight_smile: Previously I’ve messed something up with addon version, but now i definitely use your version with default settings (same as here), and unfortunately i still have slowdowns twice an hour with IPTV :frowning:

The version should be messed at me as well, getting a diferent settings page.
How did you solve it?

sorry to join the party a bit tardy.
my problem is, that while my ambilight ( adalight with adruino on a c2 with libreelec and hyperion addon) works when for example i play music and the visualisation is turned on, it does not while playing a movie or watching tv. My guess is that there is a problem with the grabber - where could i start to narrow the problem down and can i even fix it? Sorry a bit new to all of this.
Thank you :slight_smile:

I’ve disabled add-ons autoupdate and made full-reinstall of Hyperion.

1 Like

So, two hours later got slowdowns again with regular content (not IPTV). Pity :frowning:

actually I noticed when i play old avi files the the backlight works which i think is really strange - with newer and high resolution video files nothing happens.

I’m not sure, but I read somewhere, that disabeling hardware acceleration for video playback could fix that. But you could try, if it makes a difference^^

yesterday i got your new (test) version of hyperion.ng working.
you need to uninstall the addon (including config!) and build a new config via web-config-page.
now slowdowns are really not as often as before anymore! and the slowdown itself is shorter.
that means it just halt a moment and then playback continues. so the slowdown of about 10sec is waaay shorter and i love it.
@Portisch: thank you very much! it seems you are at the right track!