should fix your issues.

Thanks. I did try using these two commands and this is what I saw
ldupree@ssh-ldupree192168147 ~ % ssh root@192.168.1.47
root@192.168.1.47’s password:
##############################################

CoreELEC

https://coreelec.org

##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.1 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # fw_setenv hdmi_mode 1080p60Hz
CoreELEC:~ # fw_setenv output_mode 1080p60Hz
CoreELEC:~ #

The android box that I have this problem on does not have CoreELEC directly installed on it. The program is on an SD card and when I turn on the box it boots up to the CoreELEC system. I never have a problem with a black screen or “flashing” when I am using the CoreELEC system. When I try to switch over to the regular android system so I can stream TV shows is when I get the black screen or the “not connected” message or there is flashing/blinking on the screen. Right now I can only fix this by playing with the HDMI cable or taking it out and plugging it back in. I do not seem to be able to connect my computer directly into the “android” side, only the CoreELEC side. I wonder if my difficulty in solving this problem is because it is not actually with the CoreELEC system. Anyway, I really appreciate all of the help everyone has given me.

You are absolutely right I am not a computer guy. I just want my android box to start up normally so I can stream TV shows. I had never heard of ssh or CoreELEC prior to buying this box. I am not familiar with Linux or other platforms for using computers other than apple and windows. I think I understand the concept of using commands to affect the computer but this is not something I have done since I took basic computer classes more than 30 years ago.

Looks like the commands you entered was successful on your last attempt, if your still having problems then the issue lies elsewhere.

OK, thanks. I was expecting another command after typing in fw_setenv HDMI_mode 108.p62Hz and fw_setenv output_mode 1080p60Hz. Anyway, I can use the android box I just have to play around with the HDMI chord or unplug it and plot in a few times to get my signal. I appreciate all of the help everyone has given me.

Thank you. This worked for my S905x device.