[SOLVED] A95X MAX S905X2 cannot boot CE

All the folder with . in the first char in the name is hidden.
So keep looking for it.

Ok, thanks, I had already switch on “show hidden files” option in Root Explorer, I see other folders with the . in the first char but I can’t find .config anywhere.
Where is it supposed to be? In the tv box internal memory or in the usb flash drive that I use to boot CoreElec?

In Kodi Settings/Media/General -> enable “Show Add source buttons”.
Then in Kodi File manager -> select Add source -> Browse -> select “Home folder” -> OK
It will be named “storage”. Then in File manager you’ll see all folders in storage, among them the folder you need .config

Thank you very much!! It works!! :grin::grin:

For the owners of the A95X MAX: which cfg file do you use to get the remote working?
Thanks

I haven’t found any that works so I created one myself.
It’s not perfect but it works:

table T95M, type: NEC

0xdf1c KEY_POWER
0xdf47 KEY_LEFT
0xdf1a KEY_UP
0xdf07 KEY_RIGHT
0xdf48 KEY_DOWN
0xdf06 KEY_ENTER
0xdf0a KEY_BACK
0xdf42 KEY_HOME
0xdf18 KEY_MENU
0xdf03 KEY_PLAYPAUSE # mouse
0xdf54 KEY_1
0xdf16 KEY_2
0xdf15 KEY_3
0xdf50 KEY_4
0xdf12 KEY_5
0xdf11 KEY_6
0xdf4c KEY_7
0xdf0e KEY_8
0xdf0d KEY_9
0xdf0c KEY_0
0xdf41 KEY_EPG # Web (Mapped to EPG)
0xdf01 KEY_INFO # Media (Mapped to Info)
0xdf5c KEY_VOLUMEDOWN
0xdf5d KEY_VOLUMEUP
0xdf10 KEY_BACKSPACE

A95x (478 Bytes) rc_maps.cfg (800 Bytes)

Use this:a95x-remote.conf (2.4 KB)

thanks for amremote version of the remote config file.
Unfortunately ‘longpress’ functionality is now working like for example scrolling.
Do you know by any chance if it’s possible to fix it?
Scrolling is working when using merson-ir config.

Thank you very much!!
The basic functions work well, it was all that I needed. :wink::+1:

I’m not able to boot with new nightly builds. It just keeps rebooting at A95X logo.
Any advice please?

it happened to have same issue at stable builds with CE written with rufus. Then i tryied with etcher and finally booted fine :wink:

Installed the latest nightly build, but the audio volume is too low. Is there a way to increase the sound vol.

Thanx was easy as pie…Was getting corrupt file system until I used GPT Partition table.
(Does boot in MBR but once booted into android would get corrupted – FIXED – THANX)

HI all,

first of all, BIG THANKS to @Compent, his procedure works like a charme. I’ve modified some steps since I’m using a Linux Machine as PC so GPARTED and GDISK helped me to complete SSD partition.

About remote control, assuming that I’ve A95MAX where should be placed files to enable control? (.config!, but It does not work)

Last question,

Where can I post a question about PLEX and Acestream support (missing in COREELEC)?

THANKS! and have a GREAT 2020!

Not on this forum.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: A95x max v81 dead

HI,
Since I’m experiencing the problem with the stable build, can you please explain your solution?

REGARDS!

If you are referring to how to use etcher there are plenty of video tutorials on YouTube.

It’s very easy/

And if you are looking for here to download the stable build for the S905X2 then go here

Worked as a charm for me…

I have an A95X Max Board v.81 with unknot drivers for lan and Bluetooth… so those are not working… Wifi does work here and seems to be stable…

I managed to run this from Ssd drive… Managed to reboot to Coreelec from android and back…
Only thing left to me… is display works and showing clock… but no other functions then that… ooh and boot…

kind regards…

Great stuff.

I picked up a cheap generic dongle to provide bluetooth.

I only went as far as wanting the clock on the VFD, so can’t comment on any other functionality I’m afraid.