SOLVED::: TOX3 video issue Mpeg 2 and VC-1

My stock firmware according to Device Info HW shows Builder: ugoos@UG-PC3. I got mine from Vontar Official Store when it first came out in Oct 2022. Guess I got lucky, newer revisions do not always mean better.

I will need to check if we have a rev.d in our hands. But if not you might need to wait until a kernel rebase solve your issue. Did you try also ce-21?

I think I tried CE-21, but I will do it again with a different microSD card.

VC-1 video files are playing now.

Using this device tree >> sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb

This CE-21 nightly build >> CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20.1-Nexus-Generic.img.gz from April 1, 2023

Don’t know if it made a difference. I connected to the bedroom TV (4k, no surround system). It froze up a few times as I added videos from my networked storage devices.

I then brought the box to the Livingroom TV, that has a Yamaha AVR for surround sound. For testing purposes, I only used the TV speakers and turned off the Yamaha AVR. Back to the Future played very well.

Now, I will turn on the audio surround sound system and see what happens…

I am using this microSD card >>
Sandisk Extreme Plus 128GB
Red/Brown
Writing speed: 66.6 MByte/s
Reading speed: 72.5 MByte/s

Thanks getting it to work.

I will update when I test everything.

Don’t know how or what, but videos with the VC-1 video codec are working.
Mark this thread SOLVED.

Thanks again.

I did that hoping to VC-1 to work but no difference with other builds, still black and white with stripes. I have it also with a old serie of Columbo ( MPEG4 Video (H264) 720x576 (4:3) 25fps [V: h264 high L3.0, yuv420p, 720x576) and some more low res movies/series. I have also the revision D

clarkss12 which firmware do you have on the box ??
I still have the original firmware on it

To do more testing, I put back the microSD card running 20.1 Nexus and the same problem exist. So, I can confirm, this box runs best on the Omega 21.0

The original firmware should work. For our “D” device we have to use the Omega 21.0 version… It works great.

https://relkai.coreelec.org/Amlogic-ne/ce-21/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20230402-Generic.img.gz

Once you get CE on your box, @Jas88 has created the remote config… TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available! - #31 by Jas88

and Display config… TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available! - #35 by Jas88

oke i try the Omega version

The remote and Display config had that already working also the Power led

Thanks

I got the Omega version now running on sd, but get a warning “Missing partition super on eMMC”

No media playback possible!

Never had it with the other versions

1 Like

Reinstall android image back to emmc

1 Like

I also have a “D” device
wifi works on version 21.0 NE ?

On 21 NE I can see networks but can’t connect. both 2.4 and 5
On 20.1 and 21 NG wifi works great without any problems

I never use WiFi, if you need me to check my box, I can do that for you.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep it in mind
I’ll try again myself later, and then I’ll write in the topic on WiFi problems ( Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT )

I just checked and there are NO WiFi connections listed. It does NOT even see any WiFi networks.

I had to make a new install using a different microSD card, because I turned off the Ethernet connection on my running box. There were no WiFi networks listed, so I disabled the Ethernet connection from the settings screen, instead of removing the ethernet cable. When I did a restart, it stayed on the CE screen forever. So, I had to do another install.
Lesson learned. We always learn from out mistakes.

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry for reopening the topic, but did you find a solution to this problem “Missing partition super on eMMC”? Or did you find a version of Coreelec that runs VC1 without getting bugs?

Here I can only run the versions below, which cannot play VC1, my tox3 is also s905x4 rev D
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.2-Nexus-Generic.img.gz
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.0-Omega_beta3-Generic.img.gz

The other versions of CoreElec that contain “aarch64” in the name give the super partition error and it is not even possible to test.

Update with solution.

I have the same issue, 20.2 NE worked w/o issues, now I have the super eMMC, android is running on my TOX3, latest version… this might be it for now with the TOX3 :frowning:

Update: Solved check my last posts

1 Like

Are you experiencing subtitle blinking when VC-1 video playing? Subtitles flash. Same problem as the guy below! I’m on the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.aarch64-21.0-Omega_rc1 version.

Working with latest NE on my new TOX3 box. :slight_smile:
Had vc1 issues esp on NE. Tried latest NE 21 nighty that came out today (20240404)

1 Like