TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available!

Thanks for the update on this TOX3 player. Just ordered one to test, based on the low operating temperatures of it.

Glad the bugs worked out.

TOX3 sound interesting. Did it have an audio out, e.g. SPDIF, to connect it with a HIFI Receiver? I didn’t find it on their site.

Sorry, I found it now. It has no SPDIF nor analog audio, so no connection to my HIFI receiver, I assume.

No mate, HDMI only… 1 USB 3.0 port (which I tested with a tp-link gb adapter for eth and works fine), micro sd and that`s about it.

Why not, if you have an old classical receiver with SPDIF/TOSLINK, you can stil try get audio via hdmi some splitter and DAC to the receiver… but it will be expensive.

Will ETH driver find its way in the official repository? Link above doesn’t work anymore.
Which remote.conf to use with the original remote? couldn’t find a working one.
Despite that, box runs fine with ne by the way, good work! Fast WiFi, Bluetooth Remote etc.
AV1 decode, HDR, Atmos passthrough. No problems so far

Driver is already in official repo.

For remote this works perfectly:
remote.conf (2.8 KB)

3 Likes

What about vdf drivers? Is it easy to config the display in Linux?

THX, remote works fine, eth also (was my fault with eth, driver is within the actual 20.1). happy with the Box now. Awesome Coreelec Team!

1 Like

VFD for TOX3
vfd.conf (1.2 KB)

To config the display, install the OpenVFD service in Kodi via the CoreELEC Add-on repository.

3 Likes

Ordered the bloody box on March 20th, suppose to be delivered from a :eu: store, got nothing until now. :grin:
Thanks for the driver! Hope I’ll get the chance to deploy it these days.
The box looks lovely in the reviews.

Sorry for the noobish question, I see something about 4.9 kernel - works only with Amlogic-ng builds? :thinking:

It works with both the -ng and -ne builds.

1 Like

Received my TOX3 box today. Going to set it up. Thanks for the VFD.

works also, thank you :slight_smile:

Received my TOX3 box yesterday. After installing CoreELEC NE, the VC-1 video codecs do not play very well. A lot of my Blueray rips are in that video codec. Everything else seems to play perfectly. Thanks to @Jas88, the stock remote and front display are working great also.
[hastebin - obefewimis.url|attachment](upload://sgwfVtj4QwMsIc1LkGXQJNeDG1p.url) (58 Bytes)

Are those clips played in MrMC?As in Android. :thinking:

MKV with AV1 codec???

Or converted MKV to AV1…
From log…

Its Doc n Marty…
Back to the Future!!!

Great Movie…!!!

Not very clear…
Unwatchable…

Happy Testing

He wrote VC-1 not AV1 While not the best codec for device portability it does show playing in am-vc1

I had a similar problem with the VC-1 video codec on the HK1 Rbox X4. As usual, @Portisch came through with a fix.

I am sure when he gets time, he can sort through this issue on my new TOX3 box.
I actually have quite a few BlueRay rips with that horrible VC-1 video codec, but Back to the Future is my relaxing movie.

I tested the VC-1 encoded clips at https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples and Index of /V-codecs/WVC1

They all played fine on my TOX3 NE build, with and without Emby.