Sundtek Media TV addon

I think raybuntu isn’t part of ce anymore he never reply anymore

Well, over at kodinerds he said that he had passed on the issue to @afl1 and he had contacted @sundtek (obviously not a user here …) to get in contact with him. That was 3 weeks ago, however, … Also, he at least seems to be reading what is going on here.

R U sure about this? The reason I asked is because there is no mediclient program on my CE box.

##############################################
#                   CoreELEC
#               https://coreelec.org 
##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 8.95.0 (S912.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # mediaclient --arch
-sh: mediaclient: not found
CoreELEC:~ #

Hi @Habibie, of course, you will have to install the Sundtek Media TV Addon first

Lol, sounds like Fake News :smiley:

1 Like

:joy: sorry mate

I also have this issue with the Sundtek.
However, I could not get it work with CE.
@chessplayer: Could you send me the tvheadend or driver (or both) which works for you ?

I would reeaaaly really appreciate it.

Sundtek is indeed one of the best tuners and it’s a pity not to have it working, especially that it worked in the past :frowning:

Hi,

without any waranty or support, here is a link to the TVH-Build I was using with the Sundteks on the China Boxes: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NMPTfS224oesyb_KGIpkRSVyb0yLNre9

Good luck with that!

chessplayer

Thanks @chessplayer.
It looks like I am not getting any more the DTV_CLEAR failed (e=success) error with this one.
Currently it’s scanning the muxes, will report back if it works!!

Actually, if you see both Tuners listed (i.e., DVB-T and DVB-C), you should be fine. So, if it is scanning the muxes already, this is going to work!

Just remember to turn off automatic updates and NEVER update the TVH-addon (at least not until the one they ship with CE also supports Sundtek).

Actually I have the dvb-s2 tuner, but It has the same driver

For now I have limited success, as all muxes are failed on all satellites. What’s interesting is that it actually moves the dish (I have an H-H motor) , therefore it communicates via Diseq. Will check the cables again, but I have a dual LNB for anorher room, this is how I was able to test that the dish is moved to the right position…

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, I can’t say anything about DVB-S, since I have no experience with it.

No problem, you already helped me out by providing this package.

BTW, I’ve opened a different thread, and it seems that sundtek responded.

I hope we can sort this out and the tuners will be supported in official releases.

I think I’ve found the root cause:
https://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2012-May/032921.html

The command that fails is the one listed here, and indeed, the mediasrv is a 32 bit application while the kernel is 64 bit.

So hopefully someone will be able to fix it now.

While that would be wonderful, this 32/64 mixup has been known to be the source of the problem for a while but no one at Sundtek could be bothered to take a look

32/64bit LinuxTV ABI specification bug is discussed there, and should be fixed already.

It now works, that is right! I am excited! Thanks everybody!

I can also confirm that the dvb-s tuner works as well