Support added for S905X2, S922X and A311D!

H96 Max X2 (S905X2 , 4g/32g) using g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb
Working locally with the generic nightly from my link above. Thanks billv.

Couple of things not quite right for me yet…

1. No network or wifi. Same as TNS above.
  2. No remote working. Still to try as per an earlier post “if” for same unit., (usb wireless keyboard is working)
  3. Power and off LED reversed (Red on, Blue Off)

Played some files from a local USB HD. Smooth as, sound good. Set channels to 2.0, pass thru on, my Denon decodes the stream faultlessly to multichannel from what I played so far.

@bazzle:
Try to use g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb

If the above suggestion doesn’t work, please post the Android DTB so that we can take a look.

@TheCoolest One question do you have the vfd.conf of tx95x2?

Do you mean “T95 X2”?
Try this one:
t95x2-s905x2-vfd.conf (1.4 KB)

nothing, it doesn’t work and if I mean t95x2. I’m going to get the dtb.img and a capture of the terminal. And I upload it.

Please post dmesg | paste output from CE.
There’s a DTB tweak required to make it work, perhaps we didn’t push it.

Here you have: http://ix.io/1PHh

Thanks. Run the following commands and see if it starts working, if not, post dmesg again like above.

mount -o remount,rw /flash
fdtput /flash/dtb.img /soc/cbus@ffd00000/i2c@1f000 status disabled
reboot

Ok, it works correctly. Thank you very much as always.

@TheCoolest
Same with other dtb
Where do I find the android dtb for you please?

edit: Ill google it :wink:

Hey guys, sorry but my micro SD days are a long time ago as I installed to internal on my S905x…
So I received my X96 Max today (S905X2, 4GB/32GB) and I did the following:
I downloaded “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.1-nightly_20190725-Generic.img.gz”, extracted it and burned the image to my microSD with rufus.

I then chose g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb and renamed it to dtb.img

Inserted SD into the device and powered it on but it boots straight to android.
Is there something I missed?

Thanks in advance!

You need to press and hold the reset button while plugging in the power, and keep holding it for around 5-10 seconds.

How embarassing! Yep, that was it. Thank you!

Sorry but I have to ask another question. Does anybody know where the remote.conf fro the X96 Max is in adnroid?
I tried adb pull /system/etc/remote.conf but it’s not there.

Try find it the remote repository and put it in the root directory of your SD card and that’s it. For me, I found both my KM9 Pro and X96S (same boot logo as X96 Max so I guess they use the same remote) Android TV stick and they work flawlessly, even without network connection.

Edit: This is the remote.conf file I used for my X96S, see if it also works for your X96 MAX.
remoteconf_x96s.zip (1.5 KB)

I’m doing the same, the first boot it starts fine, I can configure Kodi and then when I reboot it wont boot again, after a while it says that the system is corrupted, tries to fix but then says that I should reinstall CoreELEC. Is there an advice for this?
Thanks.

You can try different sd card.

I see an issue with some dolby digital audio playback. When I check the audio settings, I can see the audio is displayed as AAC 5.1 6 channel, but it passes as PCM 2.0 to the receiver. I tried to get the file playback related info, but that’s blank.

I tried playing the same file on LG webos and it outputs dolby digital 5.1. I tried setting the speaker layout in coreelec audio settings to 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1. With 5.1 and 7.1 video stutters a lot, but still plays as PCM 2.0.

The issue happens only with some files.

CE doesn’t support LPCM on the 4.9 kernel. This has been discussed numerous times already.
Set channels to 2.0 and enable AC3 transcoding.