I just tried my first nightly on a 905x2 X96max box.
It is a 2G/16G 100Mb/s device
I have wired connection, but not wireless
I configured the remote … had the files saved for this remote
I have a Digibit R1 and a HDHomerun connected to a Tanix Tx3 running CE and Tvheadend and serving client devices.
I installed the Tvheadend client on the nightly and all channels I have checked so far have worked well.
My needs are simple … this is just for watching TV channels and a few stored videos.
There is no fancy audio or AVR or UHD TV involved.
Just a standard 1080 TV and two speaker sound.
Presently I am using a 1080 monitor for testing.
NEGATIVE: This image will not boot from the SD card slot in my STB. But the same card, in an SD to USB adapter, boots fine using the USB3 USB slot.
As it stands this image would appear to cover my use case for it, completely.
I received a UHD satellite test TV channel without problems and it displayed correctly on the 1080 monitor. It used HW decode and one CPU core was about 30% while the others were generally around 5% use.
Of course it has only been a few minutes testing, so that view could possibly change as development takes place.
Congrats to the dev team … I am really happy this box can now run CE!