Support added for S905X2, S922X and A311D!

Can you please let me know if there is a device tree available for T95Q?

1 Like

I’d like to know too. Thanks in advance.

The device trees we have are generic, so it should, in theory, work with the ones we already have in our builds.
But the RGB LED around the device won’t work, as there is no driver for it.
In addition to that, we’ve seen a lot of Ethernet issues from T95Z boxes in the past. I’m not sure if that could still be a problem, but keep it in mind when making a purchase.

If I was to use the beelink gt1 mini With CE would the cpu be used at 2.0 ghz. It says the max in the description is 1.5ghz.

SoC Amlogic S905X2
CPU 4x Arm Cortex-A53 @ 1.80 GHz

But we will only know what the real clocks are when we get a DTB from these and inspect it.

I’d like to know if there is support for the X96 Max and Tanix TX5 Max.
Thank you.

Never heard of anything that ends with “Mac”, which isn’t made by Apple, but all you need to do is scroll up in this thread to get your answer.

I guess it is Max not Mac…

Sorry i mean Max not Mac. Autocorrect*.
I’m buying a new TV box and i know the S905x2 is now supported by CE.
What’s the best T95Q, X96 Max or TX5 Max?
I mean with the best support, because the specs are almost the same.

You should wait a few days until we have more experience with the S905X2 boxes.

I now have WiFi and SD booting working on S905X2, different drivers will need to be added for different devices though as each vendor appears to use different parts.

1 Like

I’d be interested to know the experience of any A95X Max users as I’ve found the 4Gb/64Gb model for £57 delivered and no customs charges.

But I have also repeatedly read that this box has some form of encryption that has made custom firmware creation problematic and therefore I would speculate that this might impact the use of CE on it too.

If it has a locked bootloader, it’s likely that you won’t be able to run CE on it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Glad I didn’t bite the bullet.

I have am6 s922 first revision, not “b”. Do I have a chance to try your product? No time to go through dtb options. Please indicate a specific specific option for Ugoos am6 s922 first revision. Thank. Or indicate the direction where I should go with this revision of the SoC …)))

Don’t confuse revisions of boxes like 922X and B922, it’s the same s922X soc.
You can try beelink gtk dtb file, it possible the same.

I do not confuse the revision boxes. For example, ugoos am6 for tests was with the first revision, I now have it. And for retail sales they have released a box with a new revision of the processor “B”. But their Android firmware is the same for all revisions of the processor, unlike beelink
ok, try king)

I have x96 max s905x2 box with 4G/32G config. Wifi is AP6356SA.

I managed to install CoreELEC nightly from 7/18 via a pen drive, but now it won’t boot. I’ve tried using pen drive in both USB2 and USB3 slots, and using micro sd card slot. When booting from pen drive it boots into android recovery. When booting from micro sd it comes up with message same as July 18 post from SamWilson about “Error in mount_flash” etc.

I tried the dtb given by boot2k3 and theCoolest

I have android device tree here from /sys/firmware android folder - hope it is the right file it is fdt file.fdt (88.1 KB)

Any ideas or is this still very much a work in progess? Thx

I have your same box and it boots from Pendrive in USB3 slot. Using Terminal Emulator

Thx - how do you setup and use Terminal Emulator? If it’s too complex, I’ll wait and see if an easier solution comes up. :slightly_smiling_face:

EDIT: found the how to on CoreELEC site:- How to install CoreELEC