EmuELEC: Retro Emulation Kodi Addon for CoreELEC!

Can you post you es_log.txtright after you configure your controller in ES?

Now when I try to configure the controller it accept only one button (arrow up) then it won’t detect any key press, so I cannot complete the configuration and provide log. With the es_input.cfg found few post above the button seems to be OK, start and select are correct but in game only HK+LEFT and RIGHT work, the others like HK+START to exit won’t pick up the function

It was just what I was looking for.
I look forward to developments.

I made few more test. So, it is not possible to configure the Ps3 controller in emulationstation, but with a preconfigured es_input.cfg it works, or at least work che key you can use in emulationstation, such start, select, A and B. But in reteoarch I can get to work only arrows and start. HK also work but only in combination with arrows, I can change the save slot, but HK+start does not work, so I cannot exit the game

So there must be other issues with that controller in general.

Have you tried setting up the HK directly in RA and then set up all the hotkeys as you like ?

Settings > input > Hoytkey Binds

there you can set up all of your hotkeys, then after go into Settings > input > User 1 binds > User 1 Save Auto Config

and I will appreciate it if you send me the es_input.cfg and the resulting auto configo that should be in /tmp/joypads so I can add them directly to the image.

Ok I will do.
Anyhow the controller works perfectly in RetroPie with sixad
Is it possible to launch Reteoarch from emulationstation?

Yes, from the quit menu there should be an option to start retroarch

Hello.I just want to report that I have never been able to configure my Dualshock 3 in ES so I have to use a premade es_input.cfg. Also, now RA doesn’t configure it correctly so I have to use a usb keyboard to configure it, however in older Sx05RE versions (I don’t remember which one exactly) it was configured well (it’s not a big deal anyway).

The problem is that I removed the included configurations for game-pads as I thought the auto config would handle all of that, too bad the PS3 controller seems to have a lot of problems. I am going to have to include a pre-made configuration in future releases (or figure out why all of those things happen but I don’t have a working PS3 controller :confused: ) if anyone can send me their es_input.cfg and the Retroarch configuration (including hotkeys please) I can add it to the image and it will (hopefully) work out of the box.

So I went out and got a PS3 controller and I found a solution that can hopefully work for anyone.

It will be in the next release, but you can also fix it right now using SSH if you want to:

First, follow the instructions by @dekani

• Using an USB cable (required to update master device bluetooth address), plug it to your box and click Home button, leds should stop blinking.
  • Unplug USB cable, leds are blinking again, after a bit it should stop blinking if not, pair it using Bluetooth configuration menu, controller is now connected using a wireless bluetooth connection.

Now once your controller is paired, copy this file to
/storage/.emulationstation/es_temporaryinput.cfg

now connect to your box by SSH, and run this
/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/bash /storage/.emulationstation/scripts/inputconfiguration.sh

After that when you start ES it should work, Retroarch should also be configured, but there is a small bug that will display the search option if you use the HK+triangle to open the retroarch menu (fixed on the next release of the addon) so if you want to open the menu instead use both thumb buttons.

If you don’t want to do any of this just wait until the next release :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi, this is my es_input.cfg:
https://pastebin.com/D7PV8fJ1

Thanks!

I wonder why the deviceGUID is different in yours… this might be a problem :confused:

EDIT: well your configuration worked for me even with the different GUID so I guess there won’t be a problem :wink:

02_System.log (78.0 KB)

Log Attached

hmm what version of the add-on are you using?

Try this

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/retroarch.sh

of if using a newer version try

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/sx05re.sh

nothing else but one of those 2 lines

I spent all day yesterday trying to fix the PS3 game-pad issue and I think I boiled down to the motion sensors inside the controllers, you can’t configure it properly in ES because those axes are always working (even when the controller is not moving) you can see what I am talking about if you run
jstest /dev/input/js0

The solution that RetroPie uses (sixaxis) does not seem to work on CE because the kernel is too old (at leas that is what I think). The workaround I posted here works fine for my PS3 controller (played about 3 hours with no problems, on different Retroarch emulators), but I am not sure if it will work for all PS3 controllers (originals and clones).

If you use a PS3 controller you have 3 options

• Use the workaround and hope it will work for you, (the new add-on version will have this included)
  • Search online for a es_input.cfg that will work for your controller
  • Use another controller (not sure how you guys can use this for retro, the dpad is horrendous :grimacing:)

For now (until someone with more knowledge comes to help out with a better solution) I am leaving this as it is right now.

HI
Using Addon version 2.3.1 and using this command worked.

/storage/.kodi/addons/script.sx05re.launcher/bin/retroarch.sh

1 Like

Short question. Everytime i start a Dreamcast game, I hear the starting Dreamcast sound and if i press buttons on controller i hear sounds, but i have no picture. TV stays black from starting on a DC game. Had someone the same problem? All other emulators are running fine. THX in advance. J.

What device are you using? s905 or s912?

Oh sorry :wink: S912 but can try it on a S905x ift the 912 could be the problem.

Please do, as S912 has a lot of problems still

1 Like