The Future: Odroid N2

I will test shortly and let you know for certain, I have an Xbox TV tuner that I can test with.

Great, it’s the only thing stopping me from ordering one.

Just curious where you are ordering this from as I cannot find anyone with stock.

Odroid uk (expensive but should be hassle-free)

Their website is saying " ** STOCK EXPECTED w/c 08/04 **" Plus they only have the 4GB version.

In AUS https://jiffyshop.com.au/SBC/32-odroid-n2
All pre order though.
Might want to calculate the markup purchasing locally.
See what i paid direct from HK
Unsupported Amlogic S922X TV Boxes Watchlist

I can confirm that my Xbox One DVB-T tuner works with the N2 with dvb-latest.

4 Likes

2GB version AUD139.95 + AUD12.95 delivery = AUD152.90 or USD 108.96.

You paid USD 91.50 for 2GB + Delivery from HK. Nearly 20% mark up.

Yes that’s exactly what I mean, really hope you will make that happen it gives a peace of mind to have fresh backup’s.

This sounds great suspend is the best option, since leaving it on 24/7 it will not be able to turn off the TV after let’s say 30min of inactive with CEC, this is so useful if you fall asleep watching a movie which occasionally happens, so really happy it looks doable.

I paid $142.00 AUD from HK Direct.

As opposed to $188.75 AUD from Jiffy

Just over 30% mark up.

Make sure you add power supply and case in my example. Jiffy Cart $AUD

Jiffy%20N2

Do you think this is even possible? Widevine crap can only work to a certain point on Android but with Android there are different issues/limitations. I don’t think you will ever get an “Eierlegendewollmichsau” :wink:
Isn’t there a NF add-on fork that supports HD audio?
Do you come close with the NVidia Shield? If it works for you that might be a better choice. Others will prefer the N2 or whatever.

Will I be able to Restore from an S912 backup onto the N2? Or, will it be a case a starting all over with the settings and apps?

TIA

Greg

2 Likes

This is very interesting. Might “wake to record DVB” be possible?

@kostaman that is the wrong PSU you have selected, HC2 is an old odroid product, I would get in touch with them quick to change that order.

It should be this PSU https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/12v-2a-power-supply-australia-plug/ for your region. $17 price difference as well.

Yes that should work.

@Comma and @Daaave: The N2 has an onboard RTC:

RTC
ODROID-N2 has an on-board RTC component, NXP PCF8563, interfaced to the I2C bus and can use a backup battery as an alternative power source while the main power source is absent. Since the actually measured power consumption is less than 1uA, the RTC can run for over 10 years with a CR2032 backup battery. Also, this will let your ODROID-N2 wake up at a certain time once you set an alarm time and shutdown it.

When you add a backup battery it will even be reliable. Uboot already supports wakeup from suspend or poweroff through RTC. Following wiki is for Odroid XU4 but I guess it could work on N2 too:
https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-xu4/application_note/rtc_wakeup#setup_wakealarm

And yes this is nice for liveTV recordings. I think even VDR or TVH supports setting up RTC wakup timers.

1 Like

@gregeeh I’m talking shit. Check with Jiffy about the PSU.
Cheers @anon88919003 I ordered from HK with correct PSU
Jiffy did not have pre orders when i ordered.:wink:

N2 is powered in 9v or 12v?

It is 12V.