The Future: Odroid N2

Will it support TvH and USB PS3 PlayTV DVB-T and HDHomeRun Connect tuners?

We canā€™t say for certain without the hardware but I do believe that @afl1 got the crazycat and dvb-latest drivers working so in theory it should work.

3 Likes

I know this thread is about N2
The headline is : The Future: Odroid N2
So please allow me a few words about the postings made in the last hours

For me it is not correct to say : view streaming content simply with your 4K TV
I own one - but if I want to get excellent Picture AND Sound quality (with an 7.1 AVR) I have to use an external player. This is the only way for archieve all features for best output.

Kodi should be the only Media Center Software needed - but it isnĀ“t in realtity.
Only watching local stored video content ? How did you manage this legally ?
I am from Germany. It is allowed to have a local private copy - but all Software Tools to rip the content to HDD are not legal because they are breaking the Copy protection on the Blueray or DVD. In the End only TV recordings are okā€¦

Back to Hardware : How many devices should I use in my living room ?
One for Kodi, one for Amazon, one for upcoming Apple streaming, one for Disney, one for Gamingā€¦
Its still my living room - not a TV shop.
And every device is a ā€œbutā€ device.
Kodi is fine, but Amazon not in HD
Netflix is fine, but Kodi is without HD Audio
Amazon is fine, but gaming quality is poor.
Dolby Vision/Atmos, DTS HD, HDR10/+, CEC, ARCā€¦ one peace missing here, another there.
ā€¦and so onā€¦

I think the Odroid N2 with CE will be - as already described - a good peace of Hardware/Software Combination and a big step forward.

But it is not the best ā€œone for all deviceā€ in my opinion. Thats all.

Oh God!

please!! come back with normal show!

Now THIS is what I was waiting to hear.
Ordering my N2 tomorrow

So what is better? Please do enlighten us all.

I will test shortly and let you know for certain, I have an Xbox TV tuner that I can test with.

Great, itā€™s the only thing stopping me from ordering one.

Just curious where you are ordering this from as I cannot find anyone with stock.

Odroid uk (expensive but should be hassle-free)

Their website is saying " ** STOCK EXPECTED w/c 08/04 **" Plus they only have the 4GB version.

In AUS https://jiffyshop.com.au/SBC/32-odroid-n2
All pre order though.
Might want to calculate the markup purchasing locally.
See what i paid direct from HK
Unsupported Amlogic S922X TV Boxes Watchlist

I can confirm that my Xbox One DVB-T tuner works with the N2 with dvb-latest.

4 Likes

2GB version AUD139.95 + AUD12.95 delivery = AUD152.90 or USD 108.96.

You paid USD 91.50 for 2GB + Delivery from HK. Nearly 20% mark up.

Yes thatā€™s exactly what I mean, really hope you will make that happen it gives a peace of mind to have fresh backupā€™s.

This sounds great suspend is the best option, since leaving it on 24/7 it will not be able to turn off the TV after letā€™s say 30min of inactive with CEC, this is so useful if you fall asleep watching a movie which occasionally happens, so really happy it looks doable.

I paid $142.00 AUD from HK Direct.

As opposed to $188.75 AUD from Jiffy

Just over 30% mark up.

Make sure you add power supply and case in my example. Jiffy Cart $AUD

Jiffy%20N2

Do you think this is even possible? Widevine crap can only work to a certain point on Android but with Android there are different issues/limitations. I donā€™t think you will ever get an ā€œEierlegendewollmichsauā€ :wink:
Isnā€™t there a NF add-on fork that supports HD audio?
Do you come close with the NVidia Shield? If it works for you that might be a better choice. Others will prefer the N2 or whatever.

Will I be able to Restore from an S912 backup onto the N2? Or, will it be a case a starting all over with the settings and apps?

TIA

Greg

2 Likes

This is very interesting. Might ā€œwake to record DVBā€ be possible?