The Future: Odroid N2

You can set remote wake-up in config.ini

Actually,
that’s the only thing I am (shall be) using the IR RC - power on/off.
Everything else - via HDMI CEC.
Someone foreseeing any obstacles about this?

Thank you for your prompt replies, guys! :beers:

@Sholander, for X92 remote you can use this values in config.ini

@ChimeyJimmey if your using HDMI-CEC the N2 will go in and out of standby in tandem with your TV when you turn it off and on.

Because the N2 is a developer board we have been able to address all of the bootloader related issues that exist with the Chinese devices.

I hope that it’ll work via the AV receiver.

Cheers! :beers:

There are still some bugs for the wakeful exit. It works once in 3, it’s random. We have to get up to unplug and reconnect N2 to start it. I did not have this problem on my PS4, Denon 4200 amp, etc. I bought an eMMC to see if the problem is still present. I’ll let you know at the reception.

Hi, after a power los , the unit comes on… same as unplug and reconnect…
Is there a way to prevent this or is this an option https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=33981

It’s a rare case that it doesn’t work. Sucks if you are affected but you know that we are working on it I just need uart log ;). Without it we cannot fix it. I think that it works with Emmc 100% and with SD card only 90% of the time.

1 Like

I think that should work but I haven’t looked into it. Button wakeup should work definitely.

I have the same where the box freezes when I wan’t to wakeup, I’m not sure when it freezes if it’s right when you shut things down or when wakeup things (TV, AVR, N2). It happens completely random my guess is every 5-8 times could be more or less.
I tried to ssh but can’t make a connection it’s completely frozen all there is to do pull the plug.
The thing is I use emmc.
Please let me know what I can do to help solve this issue.

Uart log could help. I don’t have hangups at all.

Hello,
Can N2 read HEVC 8K, down-scnaler 4K ?
Have answers about the HDR10 +?

HDR10+ is supported in code and samples were tested on HDR10+ capable Samsung TVs. But those TVs have no HDR10+ indicator/popup so we cannot know for sure.

I recently seen new Decoder ucode that mentioned 8K support in HEVC and VP9. So theoretically it could work. Is there a sample?

2 Likes

Okay, thanks.
Roidy says his displayinfo script module is unable to detect the HDR10 + because of the Kodi kernel. Can we fix that ?

Yes I have two 8K VP9 samples, if you want.

1. 8K @30i/s SDR (VP9)
  2. 12K to 8K @24i/s SDR (AV1)
  3. 4K @60i/s SDR (VP9)

For me, 8K VP9 and AV1 videos do not launch. While the video 4K VP9 get off good.

Sorry to ask you probably have answered 100 times, but how do I get the uart log?

You need an uart adapter and a PC.
https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/usb-uart-module-kit/
You connect the usb to a PC and you are able to get uboot logs. I’m actually using my Android phone to connect by usb because it’s easier for me.
IIRC you can also connect by network but I have not tried it yet. That could be an easier solution without the needing an adapter.

Is there a guide or else where I can see how do it over network, I must say I’m not an IT expert.

Edit: Just noticed I have pretty many crash logs if it helps.

When compared with Vero4k+ (905), will I see any difference on LG OLED C8?

It is a hell lot faster.

Anyway I think this Thread here is done. We discussed almost everything here. If there are more questions please ask in the N2 test builds thread.

2 Likes