TrustOnX Player (TOX3) S905X4 - ETH not working on NE but working on NG! FIXED - Solution available!

He wrote VC-1 not AV1 While not the best codec for device portability it does show playing in am-vc1

I had a similar problem with the VC-1 video codec on the HK1 Rbox X4. As usual, @Portisch came through with a fix.

I am sure when he gets time, he can sort through this issue on my new TOX3 box.
I actually have quite a few BlueRay rips with that horrible VC-1 video codec, but Back to the Future is my relaxing movie.

I tested the VC-1 encoded clips at https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples and Index of /V-codecs/WVC1

They all played fine on my TOX3 NE build, with and without Emby.

Not sure what you mean, Garcea.

That is strange. Guess I can do it over again. Thanks for the confirmation.

Just did a hard reset, and just added my BlueRay rips
 Back to the Future still has the same issue.

I just tested those 2 clips of the VC-1 codec and have the same problem. I doubt if the wrong dtb file could cause that issue. I am running several boxes with CoreELEC and not of them have any issues with any of my media.

Strange indeed. I have zero issues. Maybe someone else with a TOX3 care to test the 2 VC-1 clips.

Is this the device tree you used??
sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit.dtb

Yes.

CoreELEC (official): 20.1-Nexus (Amlogic-ne.arm)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit

CoreELEC:~ #

I don’t have a clue on where to looking for that issue. The audio plays correctly. I guess the next step would be move the box to a different TV, but doubt if that will help.

I know it’s clichĂ©, maybe try a different sd card.

Got nothing else to try. We’ll do it tomorrow.

Thank you emveepee

For clarification

Shame this box has no AV port
No Audio Optic

Seems more of an IP streamer with good playback 720/1080p

After a few Days of testing and the files thankfully provided by Jas88: Box works as flawless as my previous Odroid C4. It runs cool also. Payed $60. Can recommend it.

I was pointing at this

Usually I press O on my Minix remote and pull this:

Tox3 is
 really getting things done for da money + the great support from the CE community.

Just tried a different microSD card, and same thing.

My box had an update when I first powered on. My firmware is 3.3221221. Doubt that will make a difference.
What is your firmware?
Also, this link has a lot of firmware’s for this box.
https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=1053556&st=0#Spoil-116954118-4

My android firmware is 3.3221221 too. The 4pda link has ATV (Android TV) firmware from slimBOXtv.ru and an Ugoos X4 firmware ported to TOX3. It shouldn’t make a difference to your VC-1 issue.

If you are streaming the file off a server, try playing it directly from a USB drive. Won’t hurt testing on different TV either.

Maybe this is relevant:

Totally agree. Amazing performance and value.

Those having issue with reversed LED (LED goes OFF when system is ON and vice versa) apply the LED fix that was posted in another thread. Copy this script to /storage/.config/
autostart.sh (435 Bytes)

Also be sure script is executable or it won’t run. Change its permission with FileZilla or SSH and run:
chmod +x /storage/.config/autostart.sh

1 Like