TVH Stream Constantly Dropping... Driving me NUTS!

I am already connected by ethernet cable, not using wifi, as i say i can stream movies from the box for hours and no dropouts, its just happening with live tv.

live tv?

Live TV from CoreELEC or from internet?

Streams from the internet are unreliable, sometimes they work well and sometimes they don’t, it also depends on the moment, sometimes the server is overloaded. That is why I use CoreELEC as a live tv server, it always works well, even if I am at 1000 km, I only need a 30 Mbps stable internet connection.

I am streaming Live TV From TVH Server On Coreelec

If server and client are connected by ethernet on the same home network, then I understand nothing. Check the running addons on both devices. It can also be a hardware problem, for example, flash card speed.

Like i say its odd.

It plays fine on the client and server, fine on my phone, just not on the 2 android boxes.

There is barely anything on them apart from koid and TVH Client.

Try this to rule out hardware problems. Try the test. You will have an idea about the general health of your devices (hardware, storage, home network, and internet).

Trust me its not my connection, i just streamed a 2 hour high bitrate film and not 1 dropout, switch to TVH and 15 mins and gone.

Balls to it, waste of time, of to argos to buy a high gain digital arial, this just isnt worth my hassle.

For many people both the tvheadend server and the tvh clients addons work very well, with WiFi and ethernet. The problem is neither in the tvheadend server nor in the tvh clients addons. You give very little information about the circumstances of streaming (iptv restreaming, tv channel streaming, descrambling, …), so nobody can help you.

Have you tried CoreELEC in the boxes? As I said, you can’t trust android on this boxes.

Im Streaming Live TV from TVH as in from Arial., And i cant find any compatible Coreelc versions for my boxes?

I can tell you what i have tried.

I have reinstalled both android boxes from scratch, i have changed and tried every single setting there is.

Tried 2 or 3 different apps.
Direct stream in VLC

I have tried wifi, wifi boosters.
Bought a 1GB Powerline kit

All fail. I am currently trying the box plugged directly into the rooter by the Server N2.

What i have noticed…

Will stream to PC all day
Will stream to phone all day

2 android boxes constant freezing.

So its got to be something to do with this. Lets see how the direct connection goes then if fail ill see if i can put coreelec on both of them.

I am using a Mecool KM9 Pro Main 4GB
And a H96 MAX 4GB for the kids.

All main stuff is done directly on the N2 in the front room, main unit and server.

FFS! Box connected to main router next to server, 2 freezes in 30 mins.

Strange new occurrence, i have now managed to play a stream for 24 hours with no freeze, although i do get occasional 2 second freezes but it will carry on.

I am now totally convinced this is a TVH server or driver issue.

Ok, i am using TVh Dream Player,
using VLC default player it will constantly drop. but play any channel
Using Exoplayer it will freeze for a few seconds, i am asuming this is when it normaly drops, then it will carry on. but exoplay wont play all channels???

What should my stream profile be on, i cant change hstp its stuck on default.

I don’t know what you are doing but the tvheadend server on my Amlogic S912 (Mecool KIII Pro) works very fine for me. It is capable of giving four TV streams with different channels and in different mux without any problem (one running on the server, two within the same home network via WiFi, and one via ethernet with zerotier VPN to a remote home network). All receivers use the Tvheadend HTSP Client addon.

When you say Tvheadend HTSP Client addon. I assume you are running that under CE?

No, to watch TV I have Kodi clients with CE and android 7.1, all with Amlogic S912 processor. They all work well.

To see on the PC I have Kodi clients with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04. I also have a very old tablet with Kodi 16 and Android 4.3 that does not allow watching 4K channels. They also work well.

Well then i have no idea what the problem is, and seems nobody else does or there is no way to find out.

therefore i just will delete tvh and forget it.

Have you tried to see what the live log says in those cases? You can access it via browser. There’s a button in the right bottom corner.

Sorry a button in the corner of what?

If you go to the tvheadend server browser page you have the live log in the bottom right corner

Its blank?,