TVH Stream Constantly Dropping... Driving me NUTS!

When you say activate the log. on the server? Trace debug?

Yes, thatā€™s the log.

Ok, ill reset everything and start a stream.

Its 900mb???

You have to use it just for a bitā€¦ I saw someone in tvheadend forum talking about a 5.5 GB one.

But sometimes it does not crash for like 20 mins or so, what am i supposed to do with the file after upload it somewhere no doubt? How long is a bit? Surely you need the point it freezes?

Right ran it, was going for about 10 mins or something, i picked up the remote and accidentally changed channel, it changed then froze 5 seconds after, so lucky. Log is 236mb. I did notice that when it froze it restarted the server, but i dont think that normally happens as i just press up and down on the channel and it starts again straight away.

PS Im gonna sling this shit through a wall soon i swear!

Donā€™t throw it. Iā€™ll see what the log says tomorrow and Iā€™ll test my server with android. It would be good if you could use CoreELEC in one of your boxes to test an external client using tvh server.

That was my next step, i know the h96 is not compatible, but i think the km9 pro is, im just not sure what image to use?

Regarding image freezes in tvheadend HTSP clients, I suspect that they occur when the Over-the-Air EPG grabber or internals EPG grabbers are executed. In my case, the CoreELEC server works 24/7 (with reboot scheduled once every day) and the scheduling of these scripts happens every day every eight hours (00:15, 08:15, 16:15 hour). However, this is not annoying for me because we are not always watching TV at that time, and the image freezes only for a few seconds, and then continues.

Can anyone confirm this suspicion?

This is what mine is set to.
It is running on a Tanix Tx3-mini at present.
On 24/7 with an occasional reboot done over ssh when I make changes to channels.
The server is connected to a Telestar Digibit R1 and a HDHomerun, both quad tuner.
The only time I have had problems is when two servers tried to access the same tuner (me at fault, testing another device on the network).
These are my EPG settings - I use OTA only ā€¦

You can use stable or nightly -ng and choose the dtb that fits your ram and Lan speed.
I tried tvh dream player for 3 hours in my gt1 standard s912 and it worked well, no freezes. Only the picture quality is miles away from CE.

Thats how my settings are exactly, i have even tried turning it off completely, still freezes.

I cant work out what image i need to try CE on this box, i have a Mecool KM9pro 4GB

Use the download helper, if your device isnā€™t listed choose generic s905x2. Then choose the dtb with 4gb ram and gb Lan if you have it.

There isnā€™t a dtb.

Your box is generic so no dedicated dtb, try this one if you have gbit ethernet: g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.dtb. if you donā€™t, try g12a_s905x2_4g.dtb

Its a 100mb lan, apparently you have to push some reset button to get it to boot on this device, i cant find a button anywhere or any useful guides?

Just a quick question regarding ports, is i previously mentioned i can stream TV on my phone all day long, no dropouts. Its connecting on port 9981

SHOULDNT IT BE PORT 9982?

PS cant click those links?

After you burn your card/pendrive you Will find the device treeā€™s folder in the root of the SD card. Just copy the one you want to the root of the card and rename to dtb.img
You can try to reboot from android using a app that can do reboot update (people have nice results with an app called reboot to libreelec).

Did that and fails to boot on sd card or usb port.

This device seems to have AV out. In lots of this type of TV boxes the reset button inside AV out. Try to use a toothpick in the hole.

Oh wow well done. Just found it. And itā€™s booted CE from an SD card. It seemed to be having an internal battle between onboard and SD as kept swapping back and forth. Bit CE finally loaded. Having a quick look over only issue I can see so far is no Bluetooth. And will have to configure remote. Not tried any power options yet. At least now I can try streaming in a CE environment. Yay.

And if it works itā€™s staying

Correction Bluetooth working, now streaming from TVH and will report back. Picture definitely better.

1HR 30 Mins still goingā€¦
4hrs 30 Mins still goingā€¦

1 Like