Tvheadend 4.3 addon

Backup Front 4.2 top 4.3 is not posible.

I found the same issue and even when carefully transferring the settings across, there would always be a host of channels missing.

I think that I may have at some point installed a modified version of 4.2, which reads HTS Tvheadend 4.3-1854 ~ CoreELEC Tvh-addon v9.2.127 as the version info and it works as well as it possibly could, so will stick with it and see how things develop with the new 4.3 over time.

There’s no need to change to 4.3 if everything is ok in 4.2. tvh server needs stability, some will find it in 4.2 others in 4.3. there are setups that need one or another exclusively. That’s why they’re both available in the repo. Before that, if someone loaded tvh 4.3 from other builds it would update 4.2. Some people will have service.tvheadend42 running as 4.3 if they changed version before 4.3 being available in our repo.

can anyone test hw transcoding on this version? it does not work for me on 4.2 due to missing codec, does not really matter which container i choose, it end with passthrough video only. i assume tvh is compiled w/o this option. any hints?

i am waiting for getting transcoding to work as well. Seems to be compiled w/o.

These devices are not powerful enough for transcoding.

pity, i thought N2 actually is capable of that. have u guys tested and therefore decided to leave it out? any chance to have this addon with transcoding support and leave it up to the user to test it?

I know somebody that tried transcoding with an N2 and as adamg stated, it is not powerful enough to do it.

Sure you can waste your time if you like or just take my word for it?

1 Like

solved adam :wink:

In my case it was 34 muxes not scanned … but also some muxes not found.
The surprising thing was this occurred when using a S905x but not a S905W as tvheadend server - both using 9.2.2 release.

It seems odd that
4.3 has number 9.2.100 while
4.2 has number 9.2.121

Many fixes were made with tvheadend4.3 I think things tend to get better.

http://build.mycvh.de/Tvh-LE9.2/4.3-1867-14.05.2020/

4.2 is very well tested and works very stably for most people. 4.3 may have introduced many bug fixes but it also introduced more bugs as well.
Whichever one works best for your individual use case seems appropriate.

Shoog

All that old man is left behind!
Box, old stable versions, kernel.
That’s how the system works.

Sorry but you don’t seem to understand that its best to have a system that works rather than one thats up to date.
You don’t see commercial products on the relentless and sometime pointless upgrade path - they produce product that work and then never change them. The software community should learn that novelty isn’t always improvement.

erbas I thought you were using LE - a piece of software which uses barely half of the hardware it is running on, all in the pursuit of been on mainline novelty.

Shoog

What I understand or fail to understand is not part of the context. (Your opinion of people is useless)
You are not an opinion maker.
please stop responding, with useless answers.
I just showed you an update if it’s not for you to keep quiet.
Certainly it will do for someone.
Certainly you didn’t even bother to test, to counter with an unfounded answer.
follow your path.

Friend I am a supporter of development! @Shoog
I use everything, linux, raspberry, several boxes.
several tuner I have a hobby.
As you can see without limits.
But I think you don’t understand this.
As you can see the images!
I have 3 cards here on the PC: TBS5520SE, TBS6922se (pciE) and Skystar2 HD (pci)
IMG-20200507-WA0072 IMG-20200507-WA0073

@erbas
What are You talking about ?
A newer Version must be better ?
Not in this case.
We know You are a LE tester - good luck

erbas how that dvbs support coming along :rofl: :rofl:

As you might remember, I dropped LE when their vanity project refused to support the hardware I was using for dvb. Two years later and still nothing. Thats what I call regression.

Shoog

Me too.
Linux, UNIX, macOS …
Raspberry 1,2,3 an 4 some amlogic boxes, odroid N2
etc. etc.
It´s no secret, some versions of any software fixing some bugs and sometimes there are some new bugs caused by fixing bugs
Yes, it´s my hobby, but for daily use → stable versions

2 Likes