TVheadend choppy

Install last nightly and configure everything from scratch. Do NOT restore a backup.
Something have to break you system as you are the first and only one having such troubles.

Hi guys; it’s me again :wink:

FOUND the issue-maker: as soon as an EXTERNAL USB-GRABBER is activated in Hyperion.NG, the stutering / choppiness starts. deactivating the external grabber instantly fixes the TV-channels not being decoded in hardware!

Now - to the solution ? :frowning:

no reply from Bug Reports@hyperion forum – any ideas ?
(maybe switching to CE nightlies?)

Aaaaand. AGAIN:

• Clean install of CoreElec 9.2.4.2

• Clean install of Hyperion.NG addon

• Clean install of TVHeadend Server + Client + Oscam.
    (Did NOT copy ANY files from a backup)

• Configured it ALL from Scratch!

→ activated USB-Grabber with prio 230 ( internal grabber is 250/default)

after 3rd reboot, video-device for decoding TV is not available and only SW-decoding is available, which renders all CPUs to 100% !

__ I am sooo tired of all of this ___. :frowning: Hyperion Devs/Forum don’t bother at all, not even a single reply on this issue!

I am sorry but nobody of the devs do have a external grabber so we are not able to reproduce the issue. Also it looks like you are the only one having this issue so it can be related to user/config/hardware issue.

First advise for all TVH users: do not use TVH server and client on same hardware, it will only lead to unknown issues.

Also please keep in mind that the use of oscam is not “legal”! I just guess the use of TVH + oscam (CSA software decryption) + Hyperion.NG is too much for this small SoC.
So try to move the TVH server to another hardware and use TVH client and Hyperion.ng only.

1 Like

I’m using all of them on my S912 KIII Pro and all works flawlessly. I got TvH server + TvH client + external HDMI usb grabber on the same box and I don’t see any issues - all works fine and smooth. Maybe it’s something about your configuration? Maybe you should change the resolution of the grabbed picture to something smaller?

These are my external grabber settings:

1.) a friend of mine has the same issues… I will test with an HDMI2USB grabber soon

2.) But for testing I will split Hyperion Server & Client to different Hardwares.

3.) Oscam Server is running on my Living Room equipment, and Cleint on S905x3 Hardware is on the next floor in my “Boys Room” - therefore not illegal. :wink:
But I will try on different hardwares (pi) and without oscam and keep you updated :slight_smile:

thx - will try out as soon as my new grabber arrives :smiley:

Every test/log have to be without oscam. oscam is a not legal tool to be able to use protected smartcards in local or shared usage. Any support request including oscam/card sharing will be declined and topics are closed.
Be warned @4ltj4

1 Like

understood! will respect that - thank you for this info