Tvheadend Picons?

There is obviously something else missing to get this to work. What are you setting the path to picons to ?

Shoog

Ive tried

file:///storage/picons/tvh/%C.png

and

file:///storage/picons/vdr/%C.png

Channel icon path: file://storage/picon/tvh

Picon path: file://storage/picon

The Picon path will be that way.The folder name in .kodi is picon.

That is even worse than what i had, it found 2 lol.

If i type what you put nothing, as its totally different to what everyone else says?

Ok i put the path back to how i originally had it. But i changed the setting to lower case only, as most files are in lower case.

And bang it now finds most of them. But what i have noticed is they have to be named exactly ie

Oneplus4 on my system has to be One+4 Exactly how it appears in the channel list.

As I said previously

Uncheck prefer picons over icons

And I put together a selection of Icons for UK TV
tvh.zip (2.2 MB)

I only Lower Cased the ones I used but its a good start.

Copy them into the \coreelec\Piccons\tvh directory you will need to convert the remaining items to lower case if you need them also they have to match the channel name exactly in Lower case.

PS If you want to Lcase() all the items in the folder SSH into the box

cd ~/picons/tvh/
for f in *; do mv "$f" "$f.tmp"; mv "$f.tmp" "`echo $f | tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]"`"; done

Here they are in Lower Case

tvhinlowercase.zip (2.2 MB)

Source https://stackoverflow.com/questions/7787029/how-do-i-rename-all-files-to-lowercase

My settings are

It then sets up the default paths, for which nothing happens, even when the files are in the correct location and of the right file name/case. Selecting prefer picons also resulted in nothing.

So I just manually altered the channe/epg guide to reflect where there are and what their name is (does not work if there are some characters in the file name, such as the + symbol).

Each meta file then contains the specific link information, which I hoped would enable moving to other boxes.

I should add that I am using the Confluence skin, so Iā€™m not aware if this would change anything if the basic locations are the same.

Lol sounds like something different works for everybody.

Ive got it working so not going to touch it.

Now to see why i have NO HD channels?

How did you set up your tuner. Is it set up as a T2 Device you may only get the main T2 mux on a Xbox Tuner. Try looking on https://ukfree.tv/maps/freeview and finding the frequency for the main mux on that

Yep - Xbox tuners seem to be lower sensitivity (i.e. need a stronger signal) than others. Iā€™ve got 2 of them sitting unused because they gave me a significant error count when connected to the same aerial that was error free with a PCTV290e, August T220 and Win TV Dual HDs.

However getting DVB-T but not DVB-T2 with a given tuner can also be a symptom of a dodgy driver - so Iā€™d try the Crazy Cat and Media Build DVB tuner packs as well as the default CoreElec one.

None of these settings have worked on my client N2.
Its far from clear what the logic is behind picons in CE, it certainly isnā€™t as simple as setting it up in TVHeadend and it working everywhere. CE and Kodi settings also have an important part to play but the priority of each is far from obvious.

Picons in TVH are a f**king mess.

Shoog

I made no changes in Kodi or my Kodi PVR back-end to enable PICONs via the route I posted much earlier. The only change I make, which I always make, in the Kodi Live TV settings are to enable back end channel numbering, so Freeview HD LCNs are used within Kodi. (BBC One London on 1, BBC One HD on 101 etc.)

All the Picon config I did was within my TV Headend install on my N2 and from the web interface, once Iā€™d uploaded my newly rendered picons with Service Reference file names which were generated from my TV Headend service list. I placed these in the picons/tvh/ folder in CoreElec (I created a subfolder with them in within that folder, and pointed to it in the web interface)

This has ā€˜just workedā€™ as I posted.

If you are even vaguely confident in command line Linux in Raspbian, Ubuntu, Debian etc. - then itā€™s very straightforward to do. (FileZilla will let you easily get the tar file off the build machine) You have to create a config file with your TV Headend server details for the script to interrogate your TVH server for a service list (so the build machine and your TV Headend machine need to be on the same network), and you need to uncomment at least one picon resolution and colour-scheme (by removing the # in the file on the line which defines the picons you want)

Doing this will be a great way of learning about Linux if you are new to it - and skills like SSHing, using Nano, apt install to install programs etc. are all going to be useful.

I flashed a spare uSD card with the latest Raspbian Lite, and did the picon builds in about 30 minutes on a spare Pi 3B+ or 4B (canā€™t remember which I used now)

Happy to walk people through this if they need. It worked fine for me first time.

Im already using the Media Build DVB drivers, guess i could try the crazycat ones.

Just tried my Xbox One USB DVB-T2 tuner and it works fine on PSB3 (545.8MHz) from Crystal Palace in London. Iā€™m pretty certain Iā€™m using Media_Build drivers (as my Win TV HD Dual needed them) and Iā€™m running an N2 with CoreElec nightly builds.

If youā€™re in a marginal signal area - the Xbox One tuner isnā€™t that sensitive - so it may not perform as well as a TV or alternative DVB-T2 driver.

When I connect my tuner I get this in dmesg : https://pastebin.com/eZSuUN0L

Can you boot up your CoreElec set-up with out the Xbox One Tuner plugged in, and then connect it once booted, SSH in and capture the output of :

dmesg | grep dvb

If you paste that to a pastebin site then it may tell us more

Thats all i got, not sure if i did it right?.

I tried changing the drivers to crazycat and rescanned, exactly the same, so changed back to the other drivers, only now i cant log in to the tvheadend interface, asking for a password even if i select default log in.

Fck this program.

That looks like the adaptor is being found and initialised.

Just checking you have the PSB3 mux (Iā€™m assuming youā€™re in the UK) in your MUX list in TV Headend?

Are you getting a ā€˜FAILā€™ when they scan?

In London PSB3 is 545800000Hz, DVB-T2, 8MHz bandwidth, 256QAM, 32k carriers (I leave the rest as AUTO)

I dont know, now i cant log in its asking for a password but i never ever set one, just used default login.

friends give me emergency softcam directions I installed oscam and do not know the path to the softcam folder

I have loads of fails, and another pageful after this, i have no idea??

Ah - it looks like youā€™ve used a generic list from the wizard? I wonder if that simply doesnā€™t have DVB-T2 muxes in it?

Are you in the UK? Do you know which transmitter you receive?

If so Iā€™d delete the network that has been created (which will delete all those muxes) - create a new network. Associate it with your adapter, and enable your adaptor if needed. Then add muxes just for the muxes you will receive. In the UK you should have a maximum of 9 muxes and a minimum of 3 depending on where you live.

If you are in the UK everyone should get :
PSB1 = BBC SD services
PSB2 = ITV/C4/C5 SD services (but not all the +1s)
PSB3 = BBC One HD, BBC Two HD, CBBC HD, ITV HD, C4 HD and C5 HD

Lots of people will get these - but they arenā€™t on relays and in-fill transmitters :
COM4-6 are SD commercial services like Sky News, Dave, shopping channels etc.

These are less widespread (and are moving to the same frequencies nationwide)
COM7-8 are DVB-T2 services (some HD and some SD) including BBC News HD, BBC Four HD, CBeebies HD etc.

This is only available in areas with local TV:
Local = SD Low bitrate service carrying London Live, Thats TV, Made in etc. and a couple of other services.

Each mux will have its own frequency.

PSB1-2, COM4-6 are DVB-T, 8MHz, 64QAM, 8k.
PSB3, COM7-8 are DVB-T2, 8MHz, 256QAM, 32k
Local is DVB-T, 8MHz, QPSK, 8k

Here are my settings as an example (I canā€™t receive COM7 and COM8 with my current aerial) :

HD Mux config :

SD Mux config :

ALSO - youā€™ll need to enable the Freeview UK EPG grabber to get EPG data for the DVB-T2 Freeview HD channels as they use a special proprietary format that is different to the SD services (luckily the TV Headend devs have included it)

The problem is you have configured the software using a generic dvb-T network it scans all the frequencies and adds the channels. You firstly need to go to https://ukfree.tv/prediction enter your post code it will tell you what transmitter you are on for me its winter hill. Remove the ā€œDVB-T Networkā€ then either run the wizard again of manually add a network like thisā€¦

If you add it manually you will need to assign it to the tuner in the tv adapter page. Remember to change the predefined mux to match the result you found in the search above. If you run the wizard it will set up the 8 to 10 muxes in your area. You may only get BBC1/2 , ITV1,CH4,CH5 in HD at first but you can add the others later.