Tvheadend Picons?

I tried migrating to a different box myself but it didn’t work either.

What happened was that the scan from the other box created meta files that had it’s own numerical order, so it would mean having to match them up manually for it to work.

A strange kind of mess indeed.

It would, to me, make sense to simply base the picon names on whatever the channel names are, so ITV would have to be matched by ITV.png in order for it to be displayed.

Do you have any idea where Kodi stores the file generated by Channel Manager.
When I setup my N2 I used a backup from my main box and adapted it. Picons which were manually setup on my main box using channel manager appeared fine. Unfortunately when I was having the 1 hour displaced EPG problem I foolishly cleared TV data to solve it - but it lost the picons which were manually setup.
If I use the same picons set on the N2 and copy across the settings from Kodi Channel Manager I should have my main boxes picons replicated on the N2, but where is the data stored ?

Shoog

This is seriously to complicated, might as well just plug my ariel back in the tv lol.

Quite the opposite, if you know what transmitter you are on its Simples as the meer cats say. I talked someone through it on the phone the other night it took less than 10 mins. Icons can be a bit of a pain but I have a collection.

1 Like

Well it says the Mendip transmitter, but there are 2 others in bristol that look closer

The others maybe repeaters. There are two transmitters closer to me than winterhill they are repeaters for blind spots where the signal can’t reach. Looking at your Mux List above you are using 562,570,578 and 594 MHZ as some of your frequencies. Thats channel 32,33,34 and 36 in old Money. Which according to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendip_transmitting_station is correct for the mendip Transmitter. You are missing the BBCB mux, Channel 35, 586MHz this contains all the main HD channels BBC1,2,ITV, C4, C5. You can add this manually or rerun the wizard but this time when it asks for pre-defined Muxes select UK-Mendip. To add it manually add a new mux with the following settings.

just change 746000000 to 586000000 and set scan status to pend it will then scan the mux and add the services.
Then Click Services > Map Services > Map All Services that will create the channels.

Found my solution. Kodi channel manager data is held in two places. The path to Kodi picons is set in :
SETTINGS>TV>MENU>PICONS PATH

The channel manager settings are held in the TV database in:
STORAGE>.KODI>UNSERDATA>TV32.db

So you can setup a master box and copy a set of picons from it to another and set the path to them the same in both, and then copy across the database and all your picons will magically appear in the second box. TVH picons have effectively been bypassed.

Shoog

That looks like a great spot.

On Confluence skin, to get to the first element, you go to SYSTEM, SETTINGS, PVR & Live TV, Menu/OSD, Icons, choosing the ‘Folder with channel icons’ option to navigate to where you have placed your picons and then optionally to choose the ‘Scan for missing icons’ option if required.

On my S905X2 I find the TV32.db database at /storage/.kodi/userdata/Database

I’m going to move things across to an S912 box to see if it works.

The only thing that I wonder about will be what format the picon names will have to be in to be matched by the internal process.

Will report back later.

Thanks for correcting my details. Bare in mind that this will only work for channels which have had their picons manually setup within channel manager.

Shoog

Presumably this process is moving control of the picons from TV Headend to Kodi?

Yes.

Shoog

ffimon, thankyou so much that worked, i can now see HD channels.

I have 6 appeared, only the one i want has not lol.

For some reason BBC NEWS HD is not appearing? otherwise all good.

Add a new mux same settings as before at 746000000 Hz that is COM7 and has BBC NEWS HD on It

Great thanks ill try that, what a pain in the ass, why does it not just find them?.

Um ok tried that, just says FAIL every time? It does say found 12 new services, which one of which is BBC NEWS HD, Its also appearing in my TV channel list, but i just get NO SIGNAL when selected.

If you had put UK-Mendip in the wizard when you initially set it up it would have found them all, although they may not have all worked. There is something not quite right with Com 7/8 on these Xbox tuners. I don’t know why but those two muxes quite often don’t scan or if they do scan you don’t get audio of video. It could be that COM 7/8 are a mix of HD an SD and the de-muxer struggles. I have non X-box tuners work so I suspect its a driver/demuxer problem on the Xbox tuner. People suggest its a sensitivity issue with the device but I have weaker Muxes that are DVB-T that have no problems.

I originally used mendip tuner but it never found one hd channel ever.

And now tvheadend has just updated im loosing signal every 5 mins.

Stuff the thing, ill use tv for tv, and the n2 just for movies, just not worth the hassle.

Thanks for your help though.

And PS just found out that the BBC NEWS HD is infact BBC NEWS RADIO ??? LOL

No idea what you mean about BBC News HD being BBC News Radio?

BBC News HD and BBC Four HD/CBeebies are on COM7 and COM8. In most areas these are on 746MHz and 754MHz (they have moved to a nationwide single frequency network which means they are on the same frequency everywhere - as they have no regional variations)

However in many regions 746/754MHz are in a very different part of the UHF TV band to the other muxes (and the analogue TV services they replaced), and as a result people with aerials optimised for their old analogue services (like I have on a communal aerial system) don’t get a decent signal. I can’t receive COM7 or COM8 on any DVB-T2 device (TV, PVR, HD Homerun, Win TV HD Dual, Xbox One tuner etc.) If I use a different aerial I’m fine.

COM7 and COM8 are also often broadcast at lower power - so have smaller coverage areas. And Xbox One tuners are not great in sensitivity terms (and the driver is still possibly a bit flaky)

Ok, well we have the best we can, will leave it as it is for now.

And i meant it comes up as BBC NEWS HD, when when i click on it it opens a radio channel?

That suggests it didn’t properly scan the channel - my guess is that you have a marginal signal combined with the Xbox One tuner not being that great at those frequencies.

Yeah appears that way, when i check it on the TV it says almost full signal, but that particular mux keeps saying failed after scanning, when i can get it to scan that is.

Still its only 1 channel. Not to worry.