Ugoos AM6 B plus - no audio passthrough option

It´s an Android box, but it´s a bad choice if You want to run CE
You want a solution from CE developers ?
Why not asking Ugoos developers ?

1 Like

Betatester. please clarify, I have amiled Ugoos support and they ‘told’ me they are waiting on your CE help. are you saying that is NOT the case and they are in fact not reaching out to you to fix this problem? if that is true please confirm, then sure , as ‘customers’ we will bombard them with requests to help you solve the problem.

1 Like

At the very least post the DTB from Android…

We are not in contact with Ugoos. We have contacts with Hardkernel, LibreComputer, Minix, Khadas, Beelink, Radxa.

The best performance wise for CoreELEC is the N2+ Odroid.

I find it funny that people buy some stuff on AliExpress and then come running to us for support. At least do some research before buying new hardware.

1 Like

Confirmed.

Knock yourself out.

Ray, you seen VERY anti everything except Odroid do you have shares in them? CE has had a install DTB for Ugoos AM6 for over 2 years now, so why would I not think that in 2021, this is not a supported device for CE? FFS all we done today is raised an issue the newer model B, AM6 does not work with your current AM6 DTB. why do you seem so hell bend on shoving Odroid on me? I’m sure the majority of CE end users don’t want a SBC to fiddle with. They would rather buy a premium price tv box, like Beelink, or Minix or UGOOS, which I THOUGHT CE was supported on and working, to run CE on.
maybe I got that wrong and now all you care about are ‘open top’ Single board computers. if that’s the case, make it obvious and public

1 Like

Hi Betatester, thank you I will indeed raise this with Ugoos support. kind regards

I don’t have shares nor have I ever received money from them or any other vendor. But before I created CoreELEC I was doing LibreELEC builds for the Odroid C2.
I have worked with Hardkernel for years now and they are the main reasons we have Amlogic-NG builds. They supported CoreELEC with knowledge, code and contribution. Not to mention hardware donations not to me but to the majority of the Team so we could get the 4.9 Kernel off the ground.
All the other generic boxes profited from this work and this is fine. But I won’t let anyone talk to our developers demanding to do free work on the basis that it’s a popular ATV box. So show a bit respect.

I don’t care what you buy but you can’t expect support right away or just contribute it yourself. You started with recommended boxes thats why I responded with the Odroids. Because SBC are reference devices for CoreELEC.

4 Likes

Do that. I’m sure they would not bankrupt if they would send few boxes to the devs. Every time they make new devices.

4 Likes

I have also written a lengthy mail to them, let’s see how they respond.

1 Like

root/dev/dtb file size is 0

Try this thread.

If it still doesn’t produce anything, then we can’t do much about it.
Ugoos can create a DTB file without much effort and PR it to us.

1 Like

Ugoos can contact us. Until then this Thread is closed.

1 Like

@markj34 @zeeya
We got some information about the AM6B model and it uses a different codec SoC.
Please try this image with the new included g12b_s922x_ugoos_am6b.dtb:

3 Likes

Great… We were waiting for this…
Thank you very much @Portisch, CoreELEC team…!

Don’t forget to give feedback.

4 Likes

@Portisch @Ray

Installed above presented build for AM6B PLUS

1. Boot = OK

1. WIFI = OK

2. AUDIO PASSTHROUGH = NOT WORKING

Log file: http://ix.io/3uoE

Please take a look…

@zeeya @markj34
I uploaded a new image CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix_devel_20210729164451

Please try again