USB DVB Tuners and Odroid N2

Thanks so much for this advice. I now have 2 XBox tuners alongside my 292e all working perfectly with no hassles. I just recorded 6 things at once (3 HD and 3 SD, 3 different muxes) without problems. CPU usage around 10%. Amazing!!

I’m soon going to need another 3-way USB splitter. I currently have one 3-way splitter and have 6 USB devices permanently connected :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is your usb hub externally powered?

No but only lightweight devices on it (2.4GHz Remote dongle, Bluetooth dongle, and a DVB dongle.)

So where are the 2 xbox tuners connected?

Into 4 ports at the back = Hard drive, 292e tuner, XBox tuner, 3-way Splitter

Into 3-port splitter = Bluetooth dongle, Remote dongle, XBox tuner

There’s always the front port as well, I’ll be thinking of something for it next via OTG cable.

I changed the thread title as this thread now has very little to do with the Hauppage dual tuner.

Thanks!
And you have never had any issues with the USB disconnecting and locking up the N2?
I have only one Xbox tuner plugged into a USB, the rest are empty, and if I play a FTA TV channel for a few minutes it will just freeze the N2. Use the micro USB and there’s no issues.
See here.

No, but I’ve only had the XBox tuners for a day or two. N2 has been on permanently since I got them, have done a lot of 3-mux-at-a-time testing, all fine so far.

You could always put a splitter in the micro-USB and put 2 or 3 tuners in there, plenty bandwidth for 3 tuners on one USB2 port. Might need a powered splitter for 3 tuners? Not sure.

Yes, I could do that. It’s just strange you have not seen any USB issues as it not only effects Tuners, but HDD, Hubs and GigabiEthernet USB3 adapters.

Not a single USB issue here since I got my N2.

add me to the list of non issues for usb, i have a usb3 external hd enclosure connected (powered), a powered usb3 4 port hub (currently has 3 x xbox one tuners connected), and a microsoft ir receiver, no probs here :slight_smile:

oh and nearly forgot, i have a bluetooth receiver hanging out the front via micro usb to usb type a

Sounds like a 6-6 draw. I need to think of something to buy for the front port to take the lead!!

lol, its only a draw cos i ran out of coaxial cables :-), those xbox one tuners are so good i have stock piled an additional 2 just in case price goes up/tuners fail over time, now got 6 :sunglasses:

will be happy to have 4 running.

1 Like

trying usb tunner DVB-S DVBSky S960 V2,working perfectly with drivers crazycat with good performance and fast change channel.

Friends let me know.
Someone here uses TBS5520SE + OdroidN2
Well, I wanted a certainty whether it is functional or needs adjustments by TBS.

I have a xbox tuner and after the latest nightly dvb-c doesnt work for me anymore. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

same here. TVheadend 4.2 not starting anymore on nightly 20190713 with this Tuner connected.
I will try nightly from today (20190717) and will give feedback.

edit: after update to 20190717 and manual update of tvheadend 4.2 and hyperion: everything is working again! thank you team CoreELEC!!!

1 Like

Just return on the start of this threat about N2 and Hauppauge win dual usb dvb-t2.
I’ve just receive my N2 and wanted to install tvheadend with my tuner.
Was working well on wetek play 2 with crazycat drivers, but can’t tune and find channel on N2
Any one getting a solution ? (my hauppauge just have 6 month old and don’t want to change it)
Thanks

Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get the Hauppauge run with it even with latest builds.

In the end, I gave up, and bought XBOX tuner mentioned here. That can tune DVB-T, but I can’t tune DVB-T2 (on the latest nightly + crazy cat), so I still have a problem…

OK I answer to myself
I got my hauppauge DVB-T2 dual working with CE 9.2.0/crazycat drivers/tvheadend 4.3-1804 compiled by myself.
I just baught a otg micro USB câble and connect the tunner on the front usb. I confirm all the rear USB 3 aren’t working. Now I got my hauppauge tuner working like a charm.

1 Like

Can you post how you built the TVH? When I ssh to my N2, it doesn’t even recognise git command…

Connecting my HP to the front port doesn’t seem to work, again. It worked for a while yesterday, and today it’s is dead - no signal (on T or T2). I had a problem with xbox tuner/T2 where it randomly works/dies/sound only on one of the T2 channels (and it sounds like it’s a problem of the xbox tuner)