VFD on X96 Max

i have try it but the hour in clock isn´t correct is delay

zambu man , fix your time zone in Settings/Interface/Regional

1 Like

ist correct in there, the time in kodi ist corretc, but in the diplay no

Kodi GUI show different time ?

Yes kodi gui shows the correct time. But the display shows 1hour delay

Sadly I can’t find the solution to this right now (it’s somewhere on the forum), but it’s definitely your Kodi settings.
The driver uses system time to display the time, and if that is not set correctly, it will not show the correct time.
Maybe someone knows how to make Kodi set the system time properly.
I’d try resetting the Settings -> Interface -> Regional settings (last button), and see if the clock in Kodi matches the clock on the vfd display, then set your region again.

try that din´t work.

ps. solved it, just creating file in /storage/.cache file name timezone , whith TIMEZONE=Europe/Lisbon

Timezone is set in Kodi - Interface/Regional//Timezone country.

Hi, I just bought a X96 Max 4GB/32GB/1Gbit and VFD doesn’t work.
I use the right DTB, the right VFD from here https://github.com/arthur-liberman/vfd-configurations or from this topic (there are the same) and OpenVFD but the VFD stays off.
Here is the log from the SSH command gived in the first post : http://ix.io/1VBu
Thank you !

That one is wrong, use the version linked in post #27 by TheCoolest, it’s working fine

I tried both but it doesn’t work.

try it

Thank you, I’ll try it later but vfd.conf seems to be the same file than I already use.

@TheCoolest , I think there is a problem with the vfd that is in the repo. At least it doesn’t work for me.
I send you one that works for me to compare it with the repo that apparently seems the same.x96-max-vfd.conf (1.2 KB)
the same problem that @NicCo seems
Thanks

Yes I found the problem, and pushed a fix. The problem was with an incorrect quote character I used :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Thank you-

It works ! Thank you all :wink:

Hi, back again now that I have moved the box to 9.2

I wondered if you came across any further info that might impact on the totally dead display in this 2G/16G 100Mb/s X96Max box?

Are there other users of similar spec boxes with working displays in CE?

Nothing new in that regard, sorry.

1 Like

Are there other boxes with similar specs running CE?