Whitelist on 8.90.3

I’m using my Mecool Pro + and Minix U1 is running CoreELEC 8.90.3 to watch live TV in UK with a Remote Tvheadend backend.

When I change channels, the content is initially played back at 25fps and then changes to 50fps after about one second. The change in framerate causes a blank screen on my TV which lasts a couple of seconds. This gets very annoying when channel surfing.
Could the content being interlaced be throwing off the fps algorithm?
Its the same experience on my Vero 4k running OSMC which suggests that there is a common Kodi issue?

Here’s the logs: http://ix.io/1cRz

How can I stop this from happening without de-whitelisting either the 25fps or 50 fps frame rates.

My settings:
Settings/Player/videos adjust display refresh rate : always or On start/stop
but both not working

there is a new option in kodi regarding the whitelist, you need to select for refresh rate to work

Third post on this now, does nobody read?

Please read our news section on the Kodi Whitelist option here.

Sorry about that ,It’s working now
Thank you all.

I Just updated to 8.90.3 and I am having an issue with the resolution settings. The only resolution that works correctly is 1280x720p. Before the update all resolutions worked. I have included an screenshot and the log. The bottom of the screen flickers and appears to replicate the top half of the screen.

log here
Screenshot

Please read our news section on the Kodi Whitelist option here.

1 Like

I did select the whitelisted resolutions for my TV.

Try to flip the options then, you may have disabled them rather than enabled.

I don’t think so. When I deselect them, they disappear from the Display->General whitelist scrolling display.

Screenshot

Please use Estuary Skin to do your whitelist.
Don’t use any other skin. Most of them are BROKEN with Leia.
Please take this advice and do your settings with Estuary.

I hat that idea too.same results

So you cannot set 1080p as your resolution ?
What resolutions appear when you click on that menu.
Is that the issue ?
Not the whitelist. That is something else.
Whitelist are the resolution refresh rates you allow to switch/adjust refresh rate from the resolution you set for GUI.

I can change to other resolutions but it displays incorrectly (see the image in my first post). In the first image I had selected 1080p and the confirmation window popped up and the screen was messed up. I do see the 1080 (2 options), 720 (2 options) and the two 4k options. All except the 720p have the display problem.

Not sure if this matters but I have a Sony X850E tv (2017 model) so I don’t think its the TV. The previous release worked fine.

The screen was messed up ?
Does that mean it switched to 1280 x 720p when you chose 1080p ?
Make sure refresh rate is start stop not always in your settings as well please.

the resolution did change. However, the display was messed up on the bottom of the screen. I already had it set to auto start stop.

I had this too. Pre-selected resolution was 1280x720p (whilst on 8.90.2 from which I upgraded was 1920x1080p), changing to 1920x1080p had my screen messed up.
Rebooting the device (having before selected the 1080p res) fixed the issue.

Edit: can’t seem to be able to reproduce the issue now, only occurred on first boot after update.
One thing I find in common with OP is that I also use s912.

@GPN Disable Debugging when doing all this that @host505 suggests.

It worked. I whitelisted the supported modes and reset the box. It automaticaly switches resolutions on start/stop as it should. I probably should have thought of that whole “did you restart it” mantra haha. Thanks for the help.

I also had this issue on first updating, messed up display with any other resolution except 720p, and no amount of changing resolution or whitelist options or even rebooting fixed it. In the end I tracked it down to having

<gui>
  <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
</gui>

in my advancedsetting.xml, once I removed it and restarted kodi the problem went away.