Witch device tree for remote mecool

he hello
finally got corelec working on sd card for my mecool m8s pro l but remote is not working at all i have read here on the forum that i need to update the device tree to get the remote working is this wright or will this never works

Enter the command using putty
echo “meson-ir * mecool” > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg
Command: reboot

Yes, that should work.
Let us know…

i give it a try i let it know thanks a lot

well that didnt work i did that command as you said and the box reboot but no keys from the remote works any idee why

Enter WinSCP and place the files in the indicated place
Copy M8SPro + to: /storage/.config/rc_keymaps
Copy rc_maps.cfg to: /storage/.config

Sign in via SSH using PuTTY
Login: root
Password: coreelec
Enter the command:
ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
command: reboot
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w60gx2c66rpmb4e/AAAVeDersy7MJFCESRCAEGcVa?dl=0&preview=M8SPro%2B.7z

If it does not work, look for your remote file here and follow the same steps.

well will try that in the remote files my box is not listed so i will try to put it in with putty i lett you know thanks a lot

You may not need to give commands
Just put the files in place and restart!

We all learn and we must keep the chain without breaking!
Helping others with problems.

well i put the ip adres of the box in the addres bar from my w7 pc but it says connection refused so i cannot put the files in the maps any idea why this is

How do you put it? You want to access your box or want to send some commands via SSH?
Simply way to use remote.conf if the echo “meson-ir * mecool” > /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg command doesn’t work.

well i want to reach the box over internet like putting the ip address from the box in the bar on top off my pc but it sayd connection refused i read somewere that i have to put 8080 behind the ip address is this correct

i put the ip adress without www or https just the numbers

If you use ip adress:8080 you will get remote access to your box. If you want to copy something to your box need a file manager, for ex.Total commander on Windows or WinSCP. Or other way, use your box to connect to your PC and copy from there.

I use coreftp lite to move files around

i didnt know that i will try this i lett it know thanks a lot now i have to watch football ajax

well this is what happens with wincp

These servers would generally use code 4 (Failure) for many errors for which there is a specific code defined in the later versions of SFTP protocol, such as:

• Renaming a file to a name of already existing file.
  • Creating a directory that already exists.
  • Moving a remote file to a different filesystem (HDD).
  • Uploading a file to a full filesystem (HDD).
  • Exceeding a user disk quota.

well i can not put the files in the maps because i got code 4 see above strange why is this happen

can someone please explane to me whats going wrong

You can copy the files using Windows, I don’t understand why you are overcomplicating stuff.
Open File Explorer in Windows. Go to the address bar.
type in \\YOUR.BOX.IP (ie. \\192.168.0.150 or whatever it is, you can check the IP address in Settings -> System Information in Kodi)
Then you’ll have access to all the folders you would ever need.

thanks for your answer but that doesnt work i get to a blank site on my pc i disable firewall and virus from pc but i cant reach the box so thats wy i tried to do it with wiscp but than i got the message above i got frustrated from my box but i trie very hard to got it to work so thanks for al your help here if anyone has an other suggestion to get the job done i would be very happy