Xoro HST260 DVB-T2/C Android dtb file to corelec dtb file

Hi,

I just got an Xoro HST260 DVB-T2/C Amlogic 905D Box which is generally working fine, despite bluetooth and the dvb-t2/c tuner shows up but finds no channels (neither with tvheadend, nor with vdr, nor with w_scan)

I extraced the /dev/dtb partition, but my dtb tools are always complaining about a incorrect magic number

dtc -I dtb -O dts -o dts dtb.img
FATAL ERROR: Blob has incorrect magic number

Do I have to cut or convert the /dev/dtb partition image somewhat to decompile it?

(I’d like to attach the file, but as a new user I am not eglible yet for attaching files)

How can I recompile an android dtb to dts and back to a corelec dtb file again, so maybe everything works?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Cheers

4920441xoro-hst260t2c-android-dtb.partition.img (256 KB)

Just to let you know that this may be too hard unless you are more knowledgeable than AFL
who ruled out tuner support for this box wayback then.

1 Like

Hi Kostaman,

Isn’t that a completely different box? It looks different - I don’t own the Satellite one so I cannot look at the hardware itself.
But the ‘funny’ thing is, that everything seems to be recognized and might work - despite the fact the tuning does not find a single DVB-T2 service… (even with my simple dipole antenna I get 5 services without problem with the android app on the same device)

I think that’s strange… might be only a GPIO which has to be set to high to “enable Tuner” or “enable dmux” or so…

Today I got a couple of minutes to open the case (it even has an unmentioned card reader…) And the Tuner chip and the Demuxer should be exactly what it detected by corelec… Maybe its really only one or some GPIOs wrongly attached or a missing module parameter or something…

Cheers

Hi again,

after fiddling a bit with binwalk and dtc again I managed to extract the actual dtb file and decompile it to at dts file:

xoro-HST260T2C.dts (49.7 KB)

Next task is to get it somehow in a format in which corelec is happy with the dtb file…

Simply compiling it with the dtc tool does not owrk…

dtc -O dtb -o dtb.img xoro-HST260T2C.dts

The device hangs at the AMlogic Bootlogo before anything else can appear :frowning:

BUT, when I compare the dts file from the CorelecSources and the xoro dts file, there are some differences according to the dvb part (Left is Xoro android dts, right is gxl_p231_2g_dvb.dts:

Cheers

What command exactly did you use in binwalk to extract the file?
How did you find the headers?

Hi,
I don’t know for sure, but something like

binwalk --dd=".*" xoro-hst260t2c-android-dtb.partition.img 
binwalk -e -c xoro-hst260t2c-android-dtb.partition.img 

would it have been… after that I got the partitions named after the memory region they startet in and were easy to mount or view.

Cheers,

Hi 4920441,

i read your comments about the Xoro HST 260DVB-T2/C Box.
Can observe the same thinks on my XORA HST 260DBV-T2/C.

My Box boots correlec up with the File: gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dtb renamed to dtb.img, too.

With command:
dtc -I dtb -O dts -f gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dtb -o gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dts

IMO we get a file that matches the android-file in your Diff(picture) a little better.

Have tried to replace dvb and dvbfe block with those from your File: xoro-HST260T2C.dts,
then this command: dtc -I dts -O dtb -f gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dts -o gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dtb
and then put gxl_p231_2g_dvb_ser.dtb renamed on the sd-card. Result: box boots, but no T2 i think.

Cheers,

joern

…since all drivers are loaded correctly, or better “seem to be loaded correctly” I think it is a gpio problem.

You have to enable the demodulator and or the tuner by setting some gpio pin or pins. If this is not the case, everything happens as it does with our boxed: everything seems fine but not a single station can be tuned in, simply because the tuner part has not the correct command to be enabled (probably as mentioned by a single gpio pin)

But I didn’t fiddle around with that, yet… because even if DVB-T2 works, I think I would not use it that much…:wink: its simply my ambition, its there it seems to be working so it HAS TO work :slight_smile:

Cheers,

For DVB-T is used AVL6762 demod and Rafael R836 tuner. AVL6762 use the same drivers as AVL6862 omitting DVB-S part. For tuner R836 there isn’t open-source linux driver.

[Suport for Strong SRT 2402 (Amlogic S905D)](Suport for Strong SRT 2402 (Amlogic S905D)Suport for Strong SRT 2402 (Amlogic S905D))