Youtube addon broken

Normally it’s easier to solve this type of issues in the kodi forum directly.

@Vasco thank you for the hint. After a quick look into the Kodi form it seems the people are creating a new API project with new credentials and using this. Not sure if I really want to do this every few month,…

My API keys has lasted for at least six months, it doesn’t seem that they lapse.

Shoog

1 Like

I created API Keys some months ago for YT and it’s been working fine. Now I’m getting Quota Exceeded error when trying to access YT.

Anyone know of a fix?

I strongly suspect that google is slowly trying to kill this add-on since it breaks their advertising model.

Shoog

I think that it is down to the limits placed on developers and as we use dev keys to access YT, limits will apply.

I have seen this once and it was at the end of a full day’s use of YT.

I left it until the next day and it seems that limits are set daily and all was well again.

Well, I have the YT add-on working again. First I tried creating new credentials (the 3 API keys) and that did not work. Then I deleted the project altogether and re-created it and now YT is working again. For how long is anyone’s guess.

This link helped a lot as the layout of the Google Console has recently changed and the old tutorials are not correct.

Did the same. Suddenly after a year it stopped working.
Modifying the existing project with new keys did not help.
Deleted everything and did a new project.
Now it works again